Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Well to keep this short and simple. There was a guy i was really interested in and a part of me felt maybe he was too. He kept sayings he's not like other guys and just wants a long relationship with someone who he can spend the rest of his life with and I want that too.

Well, today I've just found out he's be entertaining other ladies, so every little cute thing he was doing with me, he was also doing with other females. Like the cute late night phone calls, the texting, the going out together.

The only thing that i didn't get was he was getting very angry every time i was talking to other guys, even though I wasn't doing what he was doing. I know we're both single and he's entitled to do what he wants, but I didn't like the fact he was having a go at me for talking to my males friends, when he was the one who was being sneaky and shady...

I'm just happy I've now noticed what he is, and I'm no longer putting up with it. They can have him.

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations, you just got a taste of the red pill on men.

ReputationRep:
    cool

So what is the purpose of this thread?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Venetian Snares)
    Congratulations, you just got a taste of the red pill on men.
    Guys still believe this pseudo-scientific nonsense?

Good way to never get laid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well to keep this short and simple. There was a guy i was really interested in and a part of me felt maybe he was too. He kept sayings he's not like other guys and just wants a long relationship with someone who he can spend the rest of his life with and I want that too.

Well, today I've just found out he's be entertaining other ladies, so every little cute thing he was doing with me, he was also doing with other females. Like the cute late night phone calls, the texting, the going out together.

The only thing that i didn't get was he was getting very angry every time i was talking to other guys, even though I wasn't doing what he was doing. I know we're both single and he's entitled to do what he wants, but I didn't like the fact he was having a go at me for talking to my males friends, when he was the one who was being sneaky and shady...

I'm just happy I've now noticed what he is, and I'm no longer putting up with it. They can have him.
    All guys do this; this shouldn't be news to you.

There's nothing wrong with you doing it too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)

I guess now this is the part where I cry myself to sleep?

ReputationRep:
    If it was me you wouldn't have escaped. Count yourself lucky.

ReputationRep:
    I guess now this is the part where I cry myself to sleep?
    1/10 comeback

Just remember that a bitter attitude will put any woman off faster than an ugly face can

ReputationRep:
    All guys do this; this shouldn't be news to you.

There's nothing wrong with you doing it too
    lol, you criticise my post, and then you say exactly the same thing to the OP.

Have you ever been tested for autism?

ReputationRep:
    lol, you criticise my post, and then you say exactly the same thing to the OP.

Have you ever been tested for autism?
    I have in fact been officially diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome irl

I just say it how it is

ReputationRep:
    yeah bare guys are like that, just be lucky you didn find out he had a girlfriend or something

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HotFlash)
    If it was me you wouldn't have escaped. Count yourself lucky.
    ye ye

ReputationRep:
    You guys weren't dating or exclusive in any way so why are you upset that he's interested in other girls?

Sounds like you're being bitter for no logical reason. If you haven't made it clear to him that you want to date him then why would you expect him to chase you and not show interest in other girls? Just because you're both single doesn't mean he's automatically going to realize that you like him or want to be exclusive. You're acting like you caught him cheating on you, when in fact he's done nothing wrong and certainly nothing to warrant the whole "dodged a bullet" crap.

There is such a thing as casual dating, going on dates/being romantic with different people without being in an exclusive relationship. It's a good way of meeting more people and also seeing how compatible you are with someone before deciding to be exclusive, and it sounds like what he's doing.

As for him getting angry at you talking other guys, that's unpleasant behaviour on his part. Jealousy is not a good look, but that's the only thing he's done wrong here

ReputationRep:
    Very informative.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:

Thankfully not all guys. Only those who still bleat on about alphas and betas

ReputationRep:
    i think we can tell from his profile picture that that wasn't going to be happening any time soon anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christ Redeems)
    i think we can tell from his profile picture that that wasn't going to be happening any time soon anyway.
    https://hls313safety.files.wordpress...14/09/burn.jpg

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 27, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.