Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

I am a second year physiotherapy student who is hoping to apply to Medical School [academic year: Sept 2017]. I am on target for a good 2:1 or a first in Physio but having had a lot of experience on the wards/outpatients, I feel that I would be more suited to study medicine.

I have only just come to the conclusion that I would like to go straight to medical school after qualifying as a physio, my original plan was to work as a physio then go back to uni to study medicine.

Has anyone else got similar plans/experiences or any advice regarding applying to medical school as a graduate.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I applied as a graduate a few months ago.

Best advice I can give you is ace your second year exams, as this is what the prediction will be based on. Also as a graduate you might be tempted to go for graduate entry medicine. Just make sure that your UKCAT score is high enough to apply to for these courses as the cut off mark is considerably higher. Bare in mind some uni's use gamsat, so make sure you know which uni's require this and whether you want to do it or not.

How applying actually works is that you apply in your third year with your provisional results based on your second year performance and then you ask your advisor or favourite academic to act as your referee.

Hope this helps, feel free to pm

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.