Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Right, I'm 14 years old and suffering from mild acne. I got it when I was 12 years old. I have tried a number of different prescriptions from my doctor such as face washes and tablets and none of them have worked... Can anyone please give me any advice on how to get rid of my spots as it makes me really self-conscious and I don't even like going out of the house... Is Accutane available in the UK, if so how would I get it??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucyyy123456789)
    Right, I'm 14 years old and suffering from mild acne. I got it when I was 12 years old. I have tried a number of different prescriptions from my doctor such as face washes and tablets and none of them have worked... Can anyone please give me any advice on how to get rid of my spots as it makes me really self-conscious and I don't even like going out of the house... Is Accutane available in the UK, if so how would I get it??
    Toothpaste works by drawing out the spots. Apply a thin layer over the spots, and leave for a short while. Wash off. Should also clear your pores and therefore means you're less likely to get spots.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tinemither)
    Toothpaste works by drawing out the spots. Apply a thin layer over the spots, and leave for a short while. Wash off. Should also clear your pores and therefore means you're less likely to get spots.
    i didn't know this, i just used to put tons of toothpaste on my dorm mates face when they were sleeping(it was a challenge where the first one to sleep would get toothpaste on their face when they wake up and it'd burn tons

the more you know

tooth paste leaves marks and can sometimes leave your skin burning when you apply it .
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by lucyyy123456789)
    Really iits just a case of going to your gp and trying different things.

Accutane can be quite fierce. You cna get it through your GP.

have you asked him to refer you to a dermatologist?
    http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Acne/Pages/Treatment.aspx

ReputationRep:
    No, I haven't asked my GP to refer me to a dermatologist, but i am going to the clinic tomorrow as my medication has ran out and he is going to be checking the progress in my skin, so i shall ask about it then. Thanks.

My friend had severe acne, I had moderate/mild acne and tried literally everything. I brought so many products it was unbelievable. The thing that worked for both of us and made our acne completely clear in 2/3 months , was cutting out white carbs, dairy, sugar and chocolate, I also take the birth control pill, which is known for clearing acne. No joke my skin is clear now!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.