The Student Room Group

The straight and narrow path to 12A*'s

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by nisha.sri
Great :smile: How many hours of revision are you doing during the half term every day?

I'm not setting an exact number of hours. Just setting tasks.

So "on this day I'll get this subject done". :smile:
Original post by Sage25
I'm not setting an exact number of hours. Just setting tasks.

So "on this day I'll get this subject done". :smile:

:smile: Oh ok so how many hours did you do today? :smile:
Reply 182
Lmao. I remember the days when I thought GCSE's meant something. I guess they do if you're applying to places like Oxford/Cambridge, though.
Reply 183
:smile: Oh ok so how many hours did you do today? :smile:

In total, about 4-5 hours, but I've been out with family and taking longer breaks. :smile:
Original post by Sage25
In total, about 4-5 hours, but I've been out with family and taking longer breaks. :smile:

:smile: Great :smile: I've been doing 6-7 hours today but less tomorrow :smile: Because i am going out
Original post by Sage25
I prefer morning starts haha. My brain is awake and it's light, so I feel I can work better :smile:

It sounds like you've earned the break. :smile:

I couldn't help myself and I had to do another topic in additional maths, haha! Moving on to geography now, since it's an easy subject to revise for. Tomorrow I shall do some past papers in the morning.
Reply 186
Original post by Mac117
I couldn't help myself and I had to do another topic in additional maths, haha! Moving on to geography now, since it's an easy subject to revise for. Tomorrow I shall do some past papers in the morning.

Good good. :smile:
Reply 187
:smile: Great :smile: I've been doing 6-7 hours today but less tomorrow :smile: Because i am going out

It sounds like you've been productive. :smile:
Original post by Sage25
Good good. :smile:

Phew! I just finished 4 topics (each has 15+ flashcards) and I memorised all the case studies! Really proud of myself, I guess I can give myself a pat on the back, haha.
Reply 189
Tuesday 29th March

Today - Had another early 9am start which was very helpful. Finished the Biology notebook at around 10am then went on to Business. Business, as predicted was not very time-consuming. Even though I did have a family day out, I have nearly finished my Business write-up and should finish the notebook early tomorrow.

Tomorrow - As mentioned, I will be finishing my Business notebook early as I am getting another 9am start. I will be moving on to Chemistry which may take the whole of tomorrow and carry on to the next day. We'll see :smile:
Reply 190
Original post by Mac117
Phew! I just finished 4 topics (each has 15+ flashcards) and I memorised all the case studies! Really proud of myself, I guess I can give myself a pat on the back, haha.

Well done! :biggrin:

Can't wait for another productive day tomorrow :smile:
Original post by Sage25
Well done! :biggrin:

Can't wait for another productive day tomorrow :smile:

Yes, I can't wait either. I never thought I would do so much in one day. I am kind of at an advantage to my peers since I wrote my flash cards along the two years of my course, which means that now I have to mostly just read them and do some practice papers. Less social life paid off, I guess :biggrin:
Original post by Sage25
No, not really.

I would usually just look back in my class notes and do some active revision (practice questions, mini test booklets, etc.)

But, considering it's the real thing in 7 weeks, I thought I would develop a more efficient and effective revision method.

What do you do to revise? :smile:

I make mind maps from my revision guides and classwork then turn the mindmaps into notes.After this I use the app Quizlet to make flash card questions.Then I'll do past papers!
Reply 193
Original post by Od.xiv
I make mind maps from my revision guides and classwork then turn the mindmaps into notes.After this I use the app Quizlet to make flash card questions.Then I'll do past papers!

Sounds good! :smile:
Original post by Sage25
Sounds good! :smile:

What have you done so far?
Hey i'm on AQA for sceince aswell, how do you revise from the spec? Do you just take short notes from the text books?
Reply 196
What have you done so far?

Finished off Business this morning and now I'm working my way through Chemistry. What about you? :smile:
Reply 197
Original post by goldenusername
Hey i'm on AQA for sceince aswell, how do you revise from the spec? Do you just take short notes from the text books?

No, I just write up everything on the spec from the exam board website and if the spec is too vague in some areas, then other websites and class notes. :smile:
Original post by Sage25
Finished off Business this morning and now I'm working my way through Chemistry. What about you? :smile:

Great :smile: Well done well i've some Chemistry notes and I've just done a past paper on C3. Now i am going to look at my weaknesses and attempt another past paper :smile:

Do you update every evening on what you've done during the day or do you just do it in the morning ? :smile:
Original post by goldenusername

So am I :smile: How do you revise :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest