Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by mayu123)
    yh I quess it is what do you think??ehh
    What check my thread out it's great http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3934631

ReputationRep:
    I have a questions Sage, when you say, 'create notebooks on the spec' do you just copy the spec from the internet onto your book or what sorry im just a bit confused? My teacher printed them off the the class, but what im doing is following the spec, whilst revising from a CGP book, making revision more compact and detailed without straying too far from the spec. However this is very time consuming and im not sure if i will have enough time to do that, the past papers and read all the exameners reports.

So all in all, could you just explain what you do with the spec and possibly a picture if you dont mind? Thanks a lot

Also, this is a link to the spec as i do the slightly different AQA course but its a different spec nonetheless. http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/subjects...-BIOL-W-SP.PDF

ReputationRep:
    Friday 1st April (April Fool's!)

Today - Finally finished Chemistry after some hard graft! It did take a while but finally glad I have 2/3 of the sciences down in my notebook series. I did't move on to Computer Science (which I will tomorrow) buy I finally got to watch Batman v Superman which was thoroughly disappointing

Tomorrow - Moving on to Computer Science, my 4th notebook. I predict that it won't take a lot of time which is promising for me. Back to the weekend haul of work after a couple of having a laid back approach to work. I can't wait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S.Rahman)
    Hi Sage25,
    Well done on your current progress and hopefully you get all the A*s you hope for. I was just wondering for maths have you got any tips on getting an A* as i always be a few marks off in my mocks and i always get to end of paper and i have questions that i don't know how to answer. Also have you got any tips on revising as i can never get down to revise with full focus and i always start really late. Thanks for the help
    PM me. I can go through this in more detail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahrobinsxn)
    the idea of subject notebooks is a very good one
    i am going to try that approach for my end of year 10 exams
    good luck for your GCSEs x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks!

It's working well for me so far haha

Try it along with past papers, it should do the trick

Good luck with your upcoming exams!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahrobinsxn)
    the idea of subject notebooks is a very good one
    i am going to try that approach for my end of year 10 exams
    good luck for your GCSEs x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've got end of Year 10 exams coming up too.What subjects are you doing?How are you planning on revising?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, what exam board do you do??
    And could you give me some tips for revision???

ReputationRep:
    I really want 9A*'s. In Mocks i got 6A*'s and 7 A's plus a B in further Maths. I feel like its physically impossible, please console me....

ReputationRep:
    How many hours are you planning to revise each day in the holidays? What time do you start/when do you finish?Thanks! Hope you have a really fun and productive break!

ReputationRep:
    Hi - I don't know how I came across your thread because I'm doing A levels but anyway I did... I got 9A* at GCSE and 5As at AS. So if anyone wants any advice, feel free to send me a private message x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProbablyJade)
    I really want 9A*'s. In Mocks i got 6A*'s and 7 A's plus a B in further Maths. I feel like its physically impossible, please console me....
    You're doing 17 exams?? I'm only doing nine😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Do it Right)
    How many hours are you planning to revise each day in the holidays? What time do you start/when do you finish?Thanks! Hope you have a really fun and productive break!
    I usually just set tasks for the day and try to complete them. I'll have breaks every now and then which is quite useful. But, I don't revise for a set number of hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProbablyJade)
    I'm sure you'll do great. Those mock results are top drawer. I'm not even doing 14 subjects, so I'm not sure how you can excel!

If you have handled the workload so far, just remember it's 2 years of hard work coming to the end. You need to make it all worth it.

Good luck with your revision!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LaurieHarris)
    Hi - I don't know how I came across your thread because I'm doing A levels but anyway I did... I got 9A* at GCSE and 5As at AS. So if anyone wants any advice, feel free to send me a private message x
    Wow. Amazing grades. I'm hopeful of those AS grades next year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the-future-medic)
    Hey, what exam board do you do??
    And could you give me some tips for revision???
    Which subject? My whole revision method is at the start of the thread. I'm not doing much more than that.

Good luck with your exams!

ReputationRep:
    Saturday 2nd April

Today - I got on with some Computer Science today. My revision was cut short after I had to visit relatives but what time I did have revising Computer Science reminded me of how enjoyable the subject really is! I'll be doing more Computer Science tomorrow and should have it completed.

Tomorrow - Finishing my subject write-up on Computer Science. After tomorrow, that will be 4 down and only 8 left. Considering the remaining subjects are less saturated with content, I feel the revision workload will be come slightly lighter. Looking forward to it!

Hope people have being having effective revision during the Easter break!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sage25)
    Saturday 2nd April

Today - I got on with some Computer Science today. My revision was cut short after I had to visit relatives but what time I did have revising Computer Science reminded me of how enjoyable the subject really is! I'll be doing more Computer Science tomorrow and should have it completed.

Tomorrow - Finishing my subject write-up on Computer Science. After tomorrow, that will be 4 down and only 8 left. Considering the remaining subjects are less saturated with content, I feel the revision workload will be come slightly lighter. Looking forward to it!

Hope people have being having effective revision during the Easter break!
    Hey sage, I've sent you a PM

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! Haha

Well, for English Lit I am studying OMAM and Animal Farm, so it depends on what novel(s) you are going to answer questions on. But for general guidelines, read and have a solid understanding of the novel. Understand things such as the context and the characters. If you can understand the novel and the context, then I feel coming up with perceptive answers is just a little bit easier.

An example would be OMAM linked to the Great Depression and Steinbeck's views on 1920's/30s America

Or with Animal Farm linked to the uprising of USSR and the rise of Stalin as a political figure.

If you can make links to the context and you understand the characters as well as the characters motives, then achieving an A* should be much easier
    I'm doing these to novels would you be able to post your notes pm the novels and do you kno any other websites which have good revision notes for these novels and what kond of exam questions come up on these novels bu the way my exam board is ocr

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saba_09)
    I'm doing these to novels would you be able to post your notes pm the novels and do you kno any other websites which have good revision notes for these novels and what kond of exam questions come up on these novels bu the way my exam board is ocr
    PM me.

ReputationRep:
    PM me.
    Sorry im new to dis i dont really now how to do that 😁😂

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.