Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Sage25)
    So, recently I have had my report back. On the whole it was pretty good and almost on par with my original predictions.

My Report Grades/Original Predictions:

Biology - A/A*
    Business Studies - A*/A*
    Chemistry - A*/A*
    Computer Science - A/A
    English Language - A*/A*
    English Literature - A*/A*
    Further Maths - A*/A*
    Geography - A*/A*
    German - A/A
    Maths - A*/A*
    Physics - A*/A*
    Religious Studies - A/B

For my report I achieved 8A* and 4A
    My original predictions were 9A*, 2A and a B

However, as I aspire to study Economics at the likes of Cambridge and Princeton, I am aiming for the very best grades at GCSE as well as A-level.

This means I want to change the 4 A's in my report to A*'s

I am documenting my revision each day for the easter break and most likely all the way through to my exams for my own reference and if possible to motivate others to revise. There are 7 weeks and 1 day until my first exam (Religious Studies - Unit 1), so I feel now is the right time to start revising older topics and familiarising myself with the specification of each subject again.

My revision contains two key components

1) Subject Specification
    2) Past Papers

My revision guidelines

The Subject Notebook - I will be writing out the full specification of each subject in a notebook (All of the content which exam boards require us to know for the exam). Each notebook will be colour-coded to highlight: General Info, Important Info, Titles and Diagrams. This will be useful for revision closer to the exam period as everything will be there for reference

Past Papers - I have already printed all of the available past papers for each of my subjects. There are roughly 4-6 papers for each subject. I aim to complete all of them and if not all, then as many as possible. Getting to know the type of questions the exam board will ask as well as how to answer these questions will be vital as, after all, there are only so many questions which can be asked about the specification.

There are only two components of my revision however I feel they can provide me with good preparation for the exam as well as the knowledge and technique to achieve an A* in all of my subjects.

So, from here on in I will be documenting the revision I do each day to remind myself of the goal I am working towards and at the same time try to motivate others to revise and prepare for what is the culmination of two years of hard work.

Good luck with revision to all
    I can't even get like all of my 9 GCSE's to an A grade and you don't like what you have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zXcodeXz)
    I can't even get like all of my 9 GCSE's to an A grade and you don't like what you have?
    Everyone has their own individual goals. Focus on yourself and you'll do great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hollies64)
    Hi
    My son is doing computer science. Unfortunately his teacher at school is not all that great.
    Can you recommend any links for revision? Perhaps something on Youtube even?
    Many thanks
    PM me for some advice on OCR Computing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannahrobinsxn)
    does this sound too wordy for an English essay?

may someone tell me their thoughts?

Attachment 519117

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That sounds really good! You have a great tone and flair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ProbablyJade)
    That sounds really good! You have a great tone and flair
    aw thank you very much

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Everyone has their own individual goals. Focus on yourself on you'll do great.
    Yeah true you will do amazing! Do you have any material for OCR computing Computer systems and programming exam?

ReputationRep:
    Sunday 3rd April

Today (Yesterday. Oops ) - Got on with some more Computer Science which I managed to almost complete, just a few finishing touches left.
    After writing the notebook, I decided to have a break and attempted some AS level Maths papers (Only C1 ). I did however achieve an A in all of them, getting around 65-67/72 which made the break much better!

Tomorrow (Today. Oops ) - Finishing off Computer Science early in the morning and possibly moving on to make some English Language notes. As I feel this won't be long at all and that much less revision is required for this subject, I'll be leaving it later on at night as I have to go out.

I did forget to enter this day into my blog, sorry for anyone following. But, I'll try to keep it going.

I hope everyone is having some good revision as their really is not a lot of time for everyone. I have my first exam in 6 weeks exactly, so I shall be putting in more time than I have the last week.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah true you will do amazing! Do you have any material for OCR computing Computer systems and programming exam?
    http://www.teach-ict.com/gcse_comput...51_topics.html
    https://codio.com

Both useful websites for me.

Thanks for the kind words! Good luck with your revision and exams. Not long left.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    http://www.teach-ict.com/gcse_comput...51_topics.html
    https://codio.com

Both useful websites for me.

Thanks for the kind words! Good luck with your revision and exams. Not long left.
    Yes true, and thanks for your help and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Sunday 3rd April

Today (Yesterday. Oops ) - Got on with some more Computer Science which I managed to almost complete, just a few finishing touches left.
    After writing the notebook, I decided to have a break and attempted some AS level Maths papers (Only C1 ). I did however achieve an A in all of them, getting around 65-67/72 which made the break much better!

Tomorrow (Today. Oops ) - Finishing off Computer Science early in the morning and possibly moving on to make some English Language notes. As I feel this won't be long at all and that much less revision is required for this subject, I'll be leaving it later on at night as I have to go out.

I did forget to enter this day into my blog, sorry for anyone following. But, I'll try to keep it going.

I hope everyone is having some good revision as their really is not a lot of time for everyone. I have my first exam in 6 weeks exactly, so I shall be putting in more time than I have the last week.
    Hey, can you link me some AS level maths papers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shilshark)
    Hey, can you link me some AS level maths papers?
    http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/242436-...hematics-1.pdf

Here's one. I'm doing OCR Maths and Further Maths next year so I did a bunch of these. Just go on the exam board website which you're taking the A-level with next year and there's loads of them available.

ReputationRep:
    does this sound too wordy for an English essay?

may someone tell me their thoughts?

Attachment 519117

Posted from TSR Mobile

Personally, I did not find it too 'wordy' as such (perhaps because I amprone to it myself),just make sure that your description, although fantastic,does not retract from the clarity of your points. Remember, this is for GCSElevel and, sometimes, it is better to make your points and analysis more obviousin simple, uncomplicated sentences so that it does not get accidentally missedby the examiner. Apart from that, it was very good. The only other thing is that your first sentence does not entirely make sense; instead of just endingwith the adjective 'prevalent', finish the sentence with something that compares the two poems and almost puts it into some sort of context.

It would be intriguing to see the completed response. Presumably, you are taking the AQA syllabus?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A*/100% Man)
    Personally, I did not find it too 'wordy' as such (perhaps because I amprone to it myself),just make sure that your description, although fantastic,does not retract from the clarity of your points. Remember, this is for GCSElevel and, sometimes, it is better to make your points and analysis more obviousin simple, uncomplicated sentences so that it does not get accidentally missedby the examiner. Apart from that, it was very good. The only other thing is that your first sentence does not entirely make sense; instead of just endingwith the adjective 'prevalent', finish the sentence with something that compares the two poems and almost puts it into some sort of context.

It would be intriguing to see the completed response. Presumably, you are taking the AQA syllabus?
    Thank you, I am taking edexcel igcse. I'm not sure how I would finish that first sentence which you were talking about? Do my points have clarity though? I can also send all of the essay which I have written so far.

ReputationRep:
    Monday 4th April

Today - Managed to finish off the Computer Science notebook this morning as I had a few finishing touches to make. I did not make a start on English Language but I'm not too worried about that. I don't think it will be too time-consuming. Instead I decided to try out some more C1 papers which were not very difficult. I have decided to self-teach some C1, C2 and S1 over the summer.

Tomorrow - I will make a start on English Language. I know I will finish this notebook off as I have all of my class notes on hand which are not that long. I will also be moving on to English Literature and re-read 'Of Mice And Men'. I don't think I will finish English Lit. as a lot of my notes will be analysis and not part of the spec.

Hope people are getting in some quality revision!

ReputationRep:
    Monday 4th April

Today - Managed to finish off the Computer Science notebook this morning as I had a few finishing touches to make. I did not make a start on English Language but I'm not too worried about that. I don't think it will be too time-consuming. Instead I decided to try out some more C1 papers which were not very difficult. I have decided to self-teach some C1, C2 and S1 over the summer.

Tomorrow - I will make a start on English Language. I know I will finish this notebook off as I have all of my class notes on hand which are not that long. I will also be moving on to English Literature and re-read 'Of Mice And Men'. I don't think I will finish English Lit. as a lot of my notes will be analysis and not part of the spec.

Hope people are getting in some quality revision!
    Hello good sir, good to see you're keeping up with revision. I just wanted to ask how you're planning to revise English Lit., for poetry and drama?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HeimIX)
    Hello good sir, good to see you're keeping up with revision. I just wanted to ask how you're planning to revise English Lit., for poetry and drama?
    For poetry and other parts of English Lang/Lit I like to use this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEp...Se12tGnCg/feed

Mostly using his notes on Poetry as well as notes taken from class.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    So, recently I have had my report back. On the whole it was pretty good and almost on par with my original predictions.

My Report Grades/Original Predictions:

Biology - A/A*
    Business Studies - A*/A*
    Chemistry - A*/A*
    Computer Science - A/A
    English Language - A*/A*
    English Literature - A*/A*
    Further Maths - A*/A*
    Geography - A*/A*
    German - A/A
    Maths - A*/A*
    Physics - A*/A*
    Religious Studies - A/B

For my report I achieved 8A* and 4A
    My original predictions were 9A*, 2A and a B

However, as I aspire to study Economics at the likes of Cambridge and Princeton, I am aiming for the very best grades at GCSE as well as A-level.

This means I want to change the 4 A's in my report to A*'s

I am documenting my revision each day for the easter break and most likely all the way through to my exams for my own reference and if possible to motivate others to revise. There are 7 weeks and 1 day until my first exam (Religious Studies - Unit 1), so I feel now is the right time to start revising older topics and familiarising myself with the specification of each subject again.

My revision contains two key components

1) Subject Specification
    2) Past Papers

My revision guidelines

The Subject Notebook - I will be writing out the full specification of each subject in a notebook (All of the content which exam boards require us to know for the exam). Each notebook will be colour-coded to highlight: General Info, Important Info, Titles and Diagrams. This will be useful for revision closer to the exam period as everything will be there for reference

Past Papers - I have already printed all of the available past papers for each of my subjects. There are roughly 4-6 papers for each subject. I aim to complete all of them and if not all, then as many as possible. Getting to know the type of questions the exam board will ask as well as how to answer these questions will be vital as, after all, there are only so many questions which can be asked about the specification.

There are only two components of my revision however I feel they can provide me with good preparation for the exam as well as the knowledge and technique to achieve an A* in all of my subjects.

So, from here on in I will be documenting the revision I do each day to remind myself of the goal I am working towards and at the same time try to motivate others to revise and prepare for what is the culmination of two years of hard work.

Good luck with revision to all
    How do you revise for maths and how did you get an A*??

ReputationRep:
    How do you revise for maths and how did you get an A*??
    it's quite simple to revise for maths really message me if you want tips.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    it's quite simple to revise for maths really message me if you want tips.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ok I'm doing AQA by the way and I don't really know if they recycle past papers

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.