Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

true benefits of lifting twice a day? Watch

ReputationRep:
    i've read somewhere that mixing up your routine - like adopting lifting twice a day for 4 days (for 40 mins excluding warmups) can stimulate muscle growth you've not been having with your current routine. It recommends a one week gap between weeks of doing it like this, and no more than 2 weeks before a different routine.

My question would be: i've seen a dramatic drop-off in my gains (lean) - should i try this method in order to see if it works? (i'm going on a 3 week holiday from work soon, and wanted to seee if anyone notices any gains when i go back to work - without opening my mouth)???

Any recommendations/ tips?

ReputationRep:
    smh you won't gain any noticeable amount of muscle in 3 days, the most you can gain is about 0.5 lbs per week, so it's gonna take you at least 12 weeks to actually notice a difference

ReputationRep:
    If you're hitting your first one hard, your second sessions is going to be awful anyway.

If you mean hitting different muscle groups at different times of the day, I don't think there's a problem with this but it may not be optimal in terms of getting blood, endorphins, testostrone flowing in one session but not the other etc etc
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Recommendation is - no

You're not an elite oly lifter, so in a word... No

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Training two times a day is a concept as old as bodybuilding itself but was popularized by Arnold more than anyone.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.