Turn on thread page Beta

true benefits of lifting twice a day? watch

ReputationRep:
    i've read somewhere that mixing up your routine - like adopting lifting twice a day for 4 days (for 40 mins excluding warmups) can stimulate muscle growth you've not been having with your current routine. It recommends a one week gap between weeks of doing it like this, and no more than 2 weeks before a different routine.

My question would be: i've seen a dramatic drop-off in my gains (lean) - should i try this method in order to see if it works? (i'm going on a 3 week holiday from work soon, and wanted to seee if anyone notices any gains when i go back to work - without opening my mouth)???

Any recommendations/ tips?

ReputationRep:
    smh you won't gain any noticeable amount of muscle in 3 days, the most you can gain is about 0.5 lbs per week, so it's gonna take you at least 12 weeks to actually notice a difference

ReputationRep:
    If you're hitting your first one hard, your second sessions is going to be awful anyway.

If you mean hitting different muscle groups at different times of the day, I don't think there's a problem with this but it may not be optimal in terms of getting blood, endorphins, testostrone flowing in one session but not the other etc etc
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Recommendation is - no

You're not an elite oly lifter, so in a word... No

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Training two times a day is a concept as old as bodybuilding itself but was popularized by Arnold more than anyone.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.