• TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by RezzBerry)
    Sorry for the nooby question but what are Gem? Also, how do I find out how many I have (if any)?
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/faq....aq_what_is_rep :^_^:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    :no:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RezzBerry)
    Sorry for the nooby question but what are Gem? Also, how do I find out how many I have (if any)?
    the little green things, collection of your rep points, look under your name on the left of your post.

(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    No :hand:
    high five to you too.

(Original post by serah.exe)
    2 "6 gem" accounts would equal to about 1600 points in total (6 gems being 800 points). 1600 points in total would make 7 gems.
    after recounting due to not actually counting properly in the first place, I have 7 on each. How much does that make? also how many gems = 25,000?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaline.)
    the little green things, collection of your rep points, look under your name on the left of your post.

high five to you too.

after recounting due to not actually counting properly in the first place, I have 7 on each. How much does that make? also how many gems = 25,000?
    25,000 gets you 11 gems

ReputationRep:
    Since the reps per gem is exponential in growth, don't you just have 7 gems worth of rep?

Ie. if you have enough for 6 gems on this account and that account, this is equal to 6 gems (cashed in) plus the rep value equal to 6 gems, which is enough to get your 7th.

ReputationRep:
    Tyvm.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by alkaline.)
    That'd make minimum 3200 points in general, which would equal to 8 gems. The rep table is here.

ReputationRep:
    alkaline. So long as both accounts are equal in rep, adding one account to another will result in one gem more on the account the points are transferred to , since you essentially need to get all the rep you've ever accumulated again to get another gem. from 6 to 7 equals 6 gems worth of rep more, and from 7 to 8 equals the 7 you've already gained plus the rep for 7 more, etc.

ReputationRep:
    Theres too much punctuation in the title. I fear punctuation

But to answer your question, it doesnt really count but you still have more gems than i do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serah.exe)
    2 "6 gem" accounts would equal to about 1600 points in total (6 gems being 800 points). 1600 points in total would make 7 gems.
    who is this technical ****?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.