The Student Room Group

Veterinary Medicine- Work Experience

I was wondering how everyone else is documenting their work experience for veterinary (Skills, observations etc...).

I'm jotting stuff down in a note pad, but I don't know if this is the most effective way? How is everyone else doing it/done it in the past?

Reply 1
Original post by soph_mcswiney
I was wondering how everyone else is documenting their work experience for veterinary (Skills, observations etc...).

I'm jotting stuff down in a note pad, but I don't know if this is the most effective way? How is everyone else doing it/done it in the past?

Yes, in a notebook is the best way. You can look back before any interviews to review farm husbandry or cases you have seen in practice as most vet schools will ask you about what you have seen on WE that you found especially interesting at some point in the interview.
You might want to photocopy/scan your notes just in case you lose the book (or drop it in a puddle- or worse).
Also you should be trying to get references from placements (can be a challenge with some places). I don't know where you want to apply but I know Liverpool ask for a selection from your most recent places, and I've heard other people have been asked for them from other vet schools.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending