Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm applying for accommodation at the moment and would like en-suite, self catered. I wondered which halls are the best in terms of a social, friendly atmosphere? I don't really want to be on City campus but don't mind between Fallowfield and Victoria Park

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hebechurch)
    I'm applying for accommodation at the moment and would like en-suite, self catered. I wondered which halls are the best in terms of a social, friendly atmosphere? I don't really want to be on City campus but don't mind between Fallowfield and Victoria Park
    Have you read this thread? http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2091577

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Burkhardt House, which fits the criteria you want, and it's got a pretty good atmosphere.It's part of Hulme Hall, so you're pretty much right next to the bar, which frequently has good nights on (lots of jazz and big band stuff, comedy, sports, film nights and so on) most of which are free, cheap drinks, pool and a friendly vibe. Burkhardt is quite a pricey halls, but the rooms are good sizes and it's been quite recently refurbished so everything is nice. It's well-placed too, just at the top of the Curry Mile, it's 2 minutes away from the bus stop, so it's easy to get to both Fallowfield and the city centre (though both are max 20 minutes walk away). Unless most of your lectures are on north campus, pretty much every uni building is a short walk away (eg Stopford is less than 10 minutes away, Uni Place about 10 or so, same with the library, SU, learning commons, Roscoe, Zirchonis etc.). Even though you're not in Fallowfields, the student social centre, it's easy to get to, plus there's plenty of social stuff happening in or around Burkhardt/Hulme anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Richmond park is a good choice for you. Self-catered, en-suite, in fallowfield and it's pretty new. Close to the sports centre and good bus links.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.