Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I passed everything, but unfortunately got a grade C for maths.
    Aspiring to study law, and Manchester is asking for B for maths.
    Can I make up for this with my A levels?
    Or is it better to just resit maths next
    Year to fit the requirements ?

Anyone been turned down because of their GCSEs ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, if your A Levels are good then they can compensate for that Grade C

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lol123456789)
    I passed everything, but unfortunately got a grade C for maths.
    Aspiring to study law, and Manchester is asking for B for maths.
    Can I make up for this with my A levels?
    Or is it better to just resit maths next
    Year to fit the requirements ?

Anyone been turned down because of their GCSEs ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Resit it, might as well. If you don't study Maths at a-level it might matter.

ReputationRep:
    yes they do matter but what you have got is totally fine. there are loads of other colleges that will accept you if you are worried. if you really want to get to that manchester one then you can re sit it but try extra hard.
    A levels are important for uni so be prepared.

ReputationRep:
    Our school always told us if a university is over subscribed with applications they will then look back to gcse results to windle down numbers so they are as Important as alevels. .. I got turned down for having a C in english as they looking for B irrespective of fact I had A* in maths & additional maths. .m your careers teacher should advise you on this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strabane15)
    Our school always told us if a university is over subscribed with applications they will then look back to gcse results to windle down numbers so they are as Important as alevels. .. I got turned down for having a C in english as they looking for B irrespective of fact I had A* in maths & additional maths. .m your careers teacher should advise you on this

We were told the same I think I may have to resit as it already is competitive to get into law

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oblivion99)
    Nope, if your A Levels are good then they can compensate for that Grade C
    I guess that is to a certain extent as I emailed them and they recommended the resit and all applicants have to meet the entry requirements.
    Hoping for a loophole 😤

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.