Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hard to write my question as English isn't my first language. But when you compliment her reaction tell you if she likes you or you are in the friendzone.

It she ignores it and changing the topic it's a clear sign she isn't interested in you.

However what does it mean if she, says something like she doesn't belive you. But she then later texts you asking what you meant by the complement

ReputationRep:
    A very interesting question. I never thought about that

ReputationRep:
    you say what you meant, and tell her you're serious

poor child probably was made to feel like **** and can't take a compliment now

ReputationRep:
    Show her boobs.

ReputationRep:
    - She likes you.
    - She is fishing for compliments.

At the end of the day she has some kind of need for your attention, otherwise she would just ignore you.

When someone compliments me, i usually say i know and then ignore most messages

ReputationRep:
    Aw shucks*punches friend*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    When someone compliments me, i usually say i know and then ignore most messages
    This is how mine go,

'You're so smart'
    'I know'
    'Wow you're really arrogant'
    'I know'
    .... long silences

(Original post by whorace)
    - She likes you.
    - She is fishing for compliments.

At the end of the day she has some kind of need for your attention, otherwise she would just ignore you.
    Need for my attention because she sees me as superior to her?

Well anyway I hope she likes me

ReputationRep:
    Need for my attention because she sees me as superior to her?

Well anyway I hope she likes me
    Possibly,
    - She might be confident and want to date you so she's clarifying where you stand.
    Or
    - She might have low self esteem so she needs your compliments.

If the latter date with caution, she'll go running to another guy once she gets too familiar with because your words will lose value.

ReputationRep:
    When she asks you, tell her what you meant.
    If she doesnt react to your compliments then shes most likely not into you.
    If she keeps questioning your compliments or saying that the doesnt beleive you. Then shes either not interested or shes shy.
    Hope this helps you.

ReputationRep:
    i dont really understand your question but a "aw thank you!" is usually fine.

ReputationRep:
    No if I'm interested in someone who compliments me I usually say "omg noooo" and laugh it off depending how drunk I am to make conversation flow. If I'm not really into him I'll say thanks and hug him- but it depends on how much I like the guy to think of a response

(Original post by whorace)
    This is how mine go,

'You're so smart'
    'I know'
    'Wow you're really arrogant'
    'I know'
    .... long silences
    Lmfao, if u had that convo with u i would so say i know to both compliments :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Hard to write my question as English isn't my first language. But when you compliment her reaction tell you if she likes you or you are in the friendzone.

It she ignores it and changing the topic it's a clear sign she isn't interested in you.

However what does it mean if she, says something like she doesn't belive you. But she then later texts you asking what you meant by the complement
    It means she might have low self esteem and has difficulty taking compliments. If she texts you asking for a meaning she is fishing for compliments and seeking an ego oost

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    It means she might have low self esteem and has difficulty taking compliments. If she texts you asking for a meaning she is fishing for compliments and seeking an ego oost
    Lol what did OP complement her with? Poor girl is racking her brains trying to figure it out.

(Original post by Nettled)
    Lol what did OP complement her with? Poor girl is racking her brains trying to figure it out.
    She basically asked - " when you say I look good when I make an effort, can you tell me how?"

(Original post by AngryRedhead)
    She basically asked - " when you say I look good when I make an effort, can you tell me how?"

This was last night,

ReputationRep:
    Poor girl probably thinks you think she's ugly most of the time then. :groovy:

ReputationRep:

This was last night,
    You basically just told her she looks like s*** most of the time :toofunny: :facepalm:

Congratulations!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd3O3v5B-Q4

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.