Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How should a girl respond to compliments? watch

ReputationRep:
    It could be a nervous reaction and she doesn't know what to do with herself. Esp if your hot. But it can mean she's not interested and it's her way of avoiding it being awkward.
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hard to write my question as English isn't my first language. But when you compliment her reaction tell you if she likes you or you are in the friendzone.

It she ignores it and changing the topic it's a clear sign she isn't interested in you.

However what does it mean if she, says something like she doesn't belive you. But she then later texts you asking what you meant by the complement
    That's not true, dear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    She basically asked - " when you say I look good when I make an effort, can you tell me how?"
    OP that's not a compliment. I'd be pretty annoyed if anyone told me this unless they were close to me then I'd be able to brush it off.

Then again it does depend on what you meant by 'effort'. I'd presume it has something to do with her wearing more feminine clothes eg. dress/skirt? Perhaps make up? The fact that you said effort and she hasn't realised what she has changed it quite weird.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.