Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by conwragg)
    Anyone else doing power and politics with crime and deviance? My college seems to be like the only one lol
    I'm doing this!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vices)
    I'm doing this!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How are you revising?! The state and pluralists are doing my brain in!

ReputationRep:
    How are you revising?! The state and pluralists are doing my brain in!
    i'm just making detailed essay plans for every past paper questions, that way you know pretty much how to answer any question that could come up

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For Sociology, I'm doing Beliefs and Crime and Deviance with methods, the best way of revising for me is to simply go through the AQA Revision textbook and make a mindmap for each area of each topic (e.g a mindmap for globalisation in crime, , a mind map for the Right Realists on crime, Functionalists on religion) and write down in simple each name and theory simplistically. Create these mindmaps into a mini booklet once gone through everything and just look and memorise each mindmap then test yourself - Honestly, because you have written all the theories in such a simplistic way, it's easy to remember - When they ask you in the exam the big essay question, say if they ask you about the Right Realists, just picture that mindmap in your head and write down everything you know whilst applying it with common sense with an example

Hope that helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomJD1998)
    For Sociology, I'm doing Beliefs and Crime and Deviance with methods, the best way of revising for me is to simply go through the AQA Revision textbook and make a mindmap for each area of each topic (e.g a mindmap for globalisation in crime, , a mind map for the Right Realists on crime, Functionalists on religion) and write down in simple each name and theory simplistically. Create these mindmaps into a mini booklet once gone through everything and just look and memorise each mindmap then test yourself - Honestly, because you have written all the theories in such a simplistic way, it's easy to remember - When they ask you in the exam the big essay question, say if they ask you about the Right Realists, just picture that mindmap in your head and write down everything you know whilst applying it with common sense with an example

Hope that helps!
    Thanks for the help! I've pretty much done that but it's just trying to make it all go in😂 Good luck for beliefs tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Armastan)
    That's good to know! I think once I've got my head around all the theories and their general perspective then it will definitely be easier to remember everything else.
    do you have any predictions for this

ReputationRep:
    Okay, so anyone who is going Global Development tomorrow, on a scale of 1-10, how prepared are you?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else doing power and politics with crime and deviance? My college seems to be like the only one lol
    We are doing it too.

ReputationRep:
    please if anybody has essay plans please send mee them

ReputationRep:
    time to revise
    suicide may come up cuz its coming off the spec next year

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.