Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi everyone, so ive just heard off the vine that my ex fiance has already moved on and serious with a girl and its only been a month since our official breakup..

Feel so gutted.

I was that valuable that he didnt need time to grieve and moved on so quickly.

Side note.. i ended it with him because he was being unreasonable.. and he was in agreement of this end. Instead of trying to fix our relationship he vanished completley.

Another side note.. i am grieving.. i expected to work things out that he would be chivalrous in the end.. feels like 2 whole years wasted. I dont think i can trust a guy again..

ReputationRep:
    Why does it matter?

He's your ex for a reason. Ex him from your mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi everyone, so ive just heard off the vine that my ex fiance has already moved on and serious with a girl and its only been a month since our official breakup..

Feel so gutted.

I was that valuable that he didnt need time to grieve and moved on so quickly.

Side note.. i ended it with him because he was being unreasonable.. and he was in agreement of this end. Instead of trying to fix our relationship he vanished completley.

Another side note.. i am grieving.. i expected to work things out that he would be chivalrous in the end.. feels like 2 whole years wasted. I dont think i can trust a guy again..
    i can imagine you making this post in a year's time, the same words but with it's only been a month replaced with it's only been a year xD

also 1 guy doesn't represent all of men
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    Or the girl is a rebound, personally getting with someone so soon after a break up will only end in disaster.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder where my poop goes after I flush..

ReputationRep:
    If he can do that to you what makes her so special? Unlucky girl i'd say.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    This is why you should always cut contact , social media the lot unless its an emergency.
    He's an ex now for a reason(s).
    get on with your own life instead of imagining his being bliss, she might be a bunny boiler etc.

Uf ending a two year relationship is going to cause you to mistrust guys forever, then yu need to switch teams.

Its just so devastating. I dont know how i can move on or where to start. And hes already moved on and serious in just a month. I wish i never knew. I just had in my head he would come back and try to fix our relationship..

ReputationRep:
    Its just so devastating. I dont know how i can move on or where to start. And hes already moved on and serious in just a month. I wish i never knew. I just had in my head he would come back and try to fix our relationship..
    Definitely a rebound, don't worry about it. But you can't break up with someone and expect them to 'come back', it's one thing if he left you but changed his mind a bit later. If you break up with someone they see it as a decision that's out of their hands so it's pretty unreasonable to expect him to come back, it sounds a bit like you didn't want to break up and were just playing a big game/manipulating him which isn't fair either.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    If youd have asked me if have told you to cut contact completely because that gives you the fastest recovery.

Sorry your uopset, but you split for a reason and you couldnt make it work. There will be other more compatible people out there. Be sad for as long as you want, but then you will move on when you are ready. It might not even be serious.

ReputationRep:
    You sound a bit unhinged. It's over, he wasn't born to live accord to your insecurities. Whether he gets a new girl the week, month or year after is immaterial. Go out and get smashed with your friends, keep doing it until you feel better... Good luck, it will be better...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.