Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyitfc)
    sounds good i have heard of that. have been invited by course mate to 'banus' - what is that like? neve rheard of it. btw was anyone else nearly knocked out by flying drumsticks chucked out by the school disco advertisers along the road? scary. now stuck on the pavement at various places along whitham road/broomhill and glossop road.

Yeah, nearly got hit by one of those today. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    ok, every wednesday (the last two at least) tapton claim to have vip tickets to the leadmill that no other hall has. Do other hall have them or are they actually limited to tapton residents? (it was quite cool being able to jump the queue last week though) :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I believe Stevo were onthe Leadmill guestlist at some point last week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrism)
    I believe Stevo were onthe Leadmill guestlist at some point last week.
    we were on the corporation guest list too. anyone in sorby? i have been hearing all sorts of what goes on there - sounds mad. couple of housemates visited and didnt come back till 8am. do any of the halls have websites except stevo? i want to see if i can spot anyone i know in embarressing photos on the net? i have already printed the ones off stevo & stuck it in the hall - manic dancing pic, v funny.

ReputationRep:
    isnt there a club called bed,im sure i wnet to a club called bed when i went to sheffield

ReputationRep:
    closed down mate, never to be reopened, never believe any of the rumours you hear.

Regards,

- Adam

ReputationRep:
    I went to Bed a *lot* in my 1st year, was one of the better clubs. Also the name offered numerous brilliant promo phrases - 'Get into Bed on Wednesday' and of course, the classic 'Massive Party in Bed' - I still have that poster!

RIP Bed.

ReputationRep:
    WHAT'S WRONG WITH YOU?! YOU DIDN'T PUT THE DOVE AND RAINBOW ON YOU SILLY, SILLY SILLY BOY!

And if you wanna get on the guestlist for the leadmill, e-mail Rupert on the leadmill site and ask if he needs any promoting doing.

And don't call corp "the corporation"... I know it's its proper name but it sounds silly

ReputationRep:
    Would further add to this the fact that if on a Wednesday you cannot get into Juice (Uni AU night) and don't fancy Kingdom (Hallam AU night), then Leadmill provides a great option.

80p for tacky vodka + mixer ALL NIGHT (!) - after so long you don't care what the Vodka tastes like, and if you hide it behind Coke or Lime & Lemon then it doesn't shine through - the Orange juice on the other hand doesn't hide the bad vodka at all.

ReputationRep:
    A huge group of us from the show I was in last week, went to Juice on Wednesday night. We'd bought our tickets in advance but a few people dropped out at the last minute so we had 4 extra tickets to sell in Bar One and we got a total of £25 for them!! Good or what!
    (and Juice, incidentally, was ace )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anita_xx)
    I went to Bed a *lot* in my 1st year, was one of the better clubs. Also the name offered numerous brilliant promo phrases - 'Get into Bed on Wednesday' and of course, the classic 'Massive Party in Bed' - I still have that poster!

RIP Bed.
    a crazy man lives there now, chalking up all of the "one" signs

ReputationRep:
    Monday night "Game?" at the Union is a new night this year, I haven't tried it - would like to hear a review from anyone who's ventured out.

ReputationRep:
    Might be going tomorrow if I can be bothered - will report back if I do.

ReputationRep:
    I really like Menzels (Ecclesall Rd) for a nice civilised glass of wine after a hard day at the books!! Also think Muse is underrated - its not everywhere that they make the cocktails properly and with a bit of love and attention! Finding Crystal a bit pretentious though.

Im a uni in Leeds (commuting from home in Sheffield for final year, going to Sheffield Uni next year for LPC) and while Leeds is amazing for social scene, Sheffield will always be home! And so much friendlier, people-wise and overdraft-wise!

Anita - if your parents are paying go to Milanos at Millhouses. Best restaurant in Sheffield without doubt - amazing food, been going regularly for about 4 years and everything has been spot on every time. Service fabulous, attentive but not intrusive. Markets itself as an Italian, but does a huge range of meat, fish, chicken, vegetarian dishes which I wouldn't necessarily label as Italian.

ReputationRep:
    hey, many good clubs to go to in sheffield?!im into housey music n trance etc, hope the nightlife suits me if i get an offer for uni there

ReputationRep:
    Gatecrasher

My favourite haunt is the Fox and Duck but I also like the broomhill tavern, you get locals in both and they show sheffield wednesday when they are on the telly :cool: The Tavern do a brilliant sunday roast, as does the Notty house for a bit cheaper. Can't speak for some of the others but the notty has the extended hours from this week - till midnight sun-thurs and till 1 friday and saturday.

In town brb is a pretty cool place, as is west street live. Leadmill has good nights on wednesday and saturdays. Kubb are live there on december 10 as well :cool:

ReputationRep:
    hey, many good clubs to go to in sheffield?!im into housey music n trance etc, hope the nightlife suits me if i get an offer for uni there

you'll love Nucrasher..its on at gatecrasher last tuesday of every month...ive been and its brilliant!!

ReputationRep:
    im into house and trance. gatecrasher and kingdom usually give me my fix, occasionally frouk at the union, and school disco at corp when im broke!

GC and kingdom all the way!

ReputationRep:
    What is there in the way of, how can I put this, rock/metal bars? You know, places to go see local bands etc?

ReputationRep:
    gigs wise...corporation does a lot more of th heavy stuff. plug has hosted quite a few gigs including the last babyshambles gig before pete doherty went to th police. leadmill is always hosting good gigs too. FUZZ club at sheff union hosts bands every week nd the likes of kooks, magic numbers, etc. have all played there! at £3.50 a pop, it's well worth it! the club nite itself isnt bad either!!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.