Sheffield Guide: Nightlife Watch

LostRiot
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
fuzz has the bleach room too, which plays heavier stuff,

Amusement parks on fire are playing fuzz on the 4th may, I'm excited already.
Schroedinger's Pandora
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Gatecrasher mondays.
Flares Tuesdays.
Kingdom Wednesdays.
Gatecrasher Thursdays.
Leadmill Fridays.
Union Saturdays
Kingdom Sundays.

Dammit this student malarky rocks
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by little_red_sox)
Gatecrasher mondays.
Flares Tuesdays.
Kingdom Wednesdays.
Gatecrasher Thursdays.
Leadmill Fridays.
Union Saturdays
Kingdom Sundays.

Dammit this student malarky rocks

Plug Thursdays !!
LostRiot
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Expression)
Plug Thursdays !!
fuzz on thursdays!!!
hallam_hunni
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
dont 4get RSVP on a thu... £1 in and £1 drinks. a great pre gatecrasher venue
Corkeys_queen
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by kitch)
Actually I would disagree with you...monday, wednesday or friday nights at corporation beat any club for their cheapness... £1 for a double vodka and mixer! Plus some pretty damn good music if you know which room to be in at what time. The best part about corp however is seeing loads of people you know. You can wander around on your own and you can bump into so many people. It's great for going to regularly.
Weeeeeel monday nights at kingdom, 60p for single vod and mixer, alchopops from £1.30, and lager from £1.50 :p:
hallam_hunni
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
lol Kingdom is good if you choose the right nights. I worked there this year and the wednesdays were more lively, but mondays r cheaper... (40p cheaper for a drink!)

Most students dont know that fri nights cheaper than the student nights. its onlu £1.50 entry on a fri (b4 11pm..and £2.50 after) and with bottles just £1.50 each its pretty good. just remember to bring a valid NUS card or the box office can't accept it. (I know...it was my job)
glitterxsparkle
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You can't beat wednesday night Kingdom loves it!
thePhantom
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
My ultimate week would be:

Monday - Kingdom
Tuesday - Tuesday Club (with a good DJ lineup)
Wednesday - Corp/Juice
Thursday - Gatecrasher (best night of the week!)
Friday - Urban Gorilla (followed by the UG [email protected])
Saturday - Plug
Sunday - Bar 1

*A bloody expensive week, but filled with cheap drink offers as well as good music ... :drool:
rethgyal
Report 12 years ago
sheffield night life really does not sound very good...gettin a bit put off now...a few frends have told me its **** as well...but they dnt go there so....bit sceptical....think i will b stayin away fom student nights and lookin 2 go 2 local stuff...unis 4 eduacation neway...lol...
LostRiot
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by rethgyal)
sheffield night life really does not sound very good...gettin a bit put off now...a few frends have told me its **** as well...but they dnt go there so....bit sceptical....think i will b stayin away fom student nights and lookin 2 go 2 local stuff...unis 4 eduacation neway...lol...
hmm, probably not as good as manchester, but at uni you can have fun anywhere, it's a very different feel to manc though, more students, .

If I wasn't a student here I would probably not think an awful lot of the nightlife, but as a student, I can't really fault it,

oh and I expect you'll end up doing both student nights and the odd local thing, that's what everyone I know does.
Lawboy1985
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Avoid Corperation, or at least, don't wear your good shoes!
emilo
Report 12 years ago
dunno if the question got asked/answered already somewhere ...
are there any good trance/house nights? or does nobody like that kinda music here in sheffield .. hehe
LostRiot
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by emilo)
dunno if the question got asked/answered already somewhere ...
are there any good trance/house nights? or does nobody like that kinda music here in sheffield .. hehe
yeah loads. crasher, plug..... oh, there are more,
xXMessedUpXx
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
bringing convo back to Leadmill...a quick intro to each night

Monday is SHAG, the *ahem* "legendary" student night. Expect it to be rammed and drinks start at 60p (XXXX), 80p (Fosters/Carlsberg) and vodka is probably cheap too. Theres an indie room for all you cool indie kids and the main room will be a mixture of cheese/dance/pop etc
Doors 10pm-2.30am

Tuesday is the new TEENAGE KICKS. Again rather cheap, used to be known as Some Love but now its been re-invented. To be honest the music is anything that the DJs want to play so expect a good micture of music.
Doors 10:30pm-2am £3NUS

ah yes Wednesday is SKOOL'S OUT, Leadmills Very own Skool Disco night. Free entry in school uniform, 80p vodka and again cheese/dance/pop/rnb in main room and indie in the um..indie room. with a bit of 80's/mowtown in the small bar
Doors 10:30pm-2am £3NUS

Thursdays brings FABULOUS. The cheapest night for entry at just £2 and what's been know in past year(s) as the "gangster night". Kind of. Well expect some dance and rNb and if you're lucky some mod/indie in the small bar. Drinks nots as cheap as earlier in the week but vodka is still cheapish.
Doors 10pm-2.30am £2NUS/£4

Well now we're on to Friday...or ROYALE as it's better known. Described officially as "3 Rooms Of Pop, Indie & House" its the start of the weekend. That said drinks prices are typical weekend prices but there is the added bonus of 2 bottles of carlsberg/XXXX/fosters for £3.50 and double vodka+mixer for £3.50.
Doors 10pm – 2.30am £4NUS/£5

Last but not least, the Indie fest that is SONIC BOOM. Mian room is the indie room, and also the place to be for weekly giveaways that include free gig tickets, cds and posters. If a bit of soul is more your thing check out the other room where you can expect to hear all the classics, and if that's not your thing there's always the small bar with its electic mixture of well...anything. Oh...and it's open till 3am.
Doors 10pm -3.00am; £4 (nus) / £5

Of course Leadmill isn't the only club, my other suggestions are Corporation on a Monday or Friday, and PLUG on a Thursday

Soooooo did that help? 10pm – 2.30am
KellsEnder
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Lawboy1985)
Avoid Corperation, or at least, don't wear your good shoes!
Who wears their good shoes to Corporation?!
xXMessedUpXx
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by KellsEnder)
Who wears their good shoes to Corporation?!
No-one with an ounce of common sense

or...those who when they first went to corp wore decent shoes *raises hand* and realised by the end of the night thry were wrecked na dhave learnt from their mistakes
KellsEnder
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by xXMessedUpXx)
No-one with an ounce of common sense

or...those who when they first went to corp wore decent shoes *raises hand* and realised by the end of the night thry were wrecked na dhave learnt from their mistakes
Exactly. Don't wear good shoes anywhere you'll have to wade to the toilets.:p:
toddlers crossword
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i have a nice pair of bescummed "going out to dirty clubs" shoes which have been well honed by snobs back in birmingham (if anyone knows it...brilliant place) so think they will be coming in handy, lol! Havent braved corp yet although drinks offers sound enticing I have to say ...
xoxo_GossipGirl
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Where's the best club to go to tonight peoppple? Seeing as Crasher is 'for hire' on Tuesdays
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (142)
45.95%
Pro-humanity (167)
54.05%

Watched Threads