Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Basically, this year I applied to read Chinese Studies at Oxford, Durham, Edinburgh, Sheffield and Manchester.

Stupidly, I put myself at a disadvantage by applying deffered and, in Oxford, I applied to a left wing college (I go to a public school). I didn't get into my first or second choice (Oxford or Edinburgh) but I have got my other three.

In Durham, I have got into my top choice college with a relatively low grade offer, and with Sheffield, I have been offered a scholarship.

My question is:
    - Should I really reapply to Oxford to a new college and on direct entry?
    - Should I Firm Dur/Sheff and wait until the grades come by and if I did better than expected withdraw and reapply to Ox?
    - Should I firm/keep Durham/Sheffield and forget about reapplying.
    - Should I withdraw altogether?

Thanks

M x

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same boat as you and haven't the slightest clue as to what I should do. Awkward, did that rhyme enough? *cringes*

I applied to read Biomedical Science and received a rejection prior to interviews because my BMAT scores were less than stellar. I was set on the school, and I tried to block out the dreadful feeling of rejection for four months, but this weekend it hit me like a brick wall.

I may apply to Oxford whist I go to Durham, which I hope to firm, but I'm nervous as to whether or not this could lead to problems because you're not supposed to be doing that... but I might chance it.

Do you think it is worth trying again if it means this much to you? Let me know; I want to talk to somebody about this but nobody gets it since I go to school in America, so it'll be nice to speak with somebody who know what I'm on about.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.