Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Basically, this year I applied to read Chinese Studies at Oxford, Durham, Edinburgh, Sheffield and Manchester.

Stupidly, I put myself at a disadvantage by applying deffered and, in Oxford, I applied to a left wing college (I go to a public school). I didn't get into my first or second choice (Oxford or Edinburgh) but I have got my other three.

In Durham, I have got into my top choice college with a relatively low grade offer, and with Sheffield, I have been offered a scholarship.

My question is:
    - Should I really reapply to Oxford to a new college and on direct entry?
    - Should I Firm Dur/Sheff and wait until the grades come by and if I did better than expected withdraw and reapply to Ox?
    - Should I firm/keep Durham/Sheffield and forget about reapplying.
    - Should I withdraw altogether?

Thanks

M x

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same boat as you and haven't the slightest clue as to what I should do. Awkward, did that rhyme enough? *cringes*

I applied to read Biomedical Science and received a rejection prior to interviews because my BMAT scores were less than stellar. I was set on the school, and I tried to block out the dreadful feeling of rejection for four months, but this weekend it hit me like a brick wall.

I may apply to Oxford whist I go to Durham, which I hope to firm, but I'm nervous as to whether or not this could lead to problems because you're not supposed to be doing that... but I might chance it.

Do you think it is worth trying again if it means this much to you? Let me know; I want to talk to somebody about this but nobody gets it since I go to school in America, so it'll be nice to speak with somebody who know what I'm on about.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.