Basically, this year I applied to read Chinese Studies at Oxford, Durham, Edinburgh, Sheffield and Manchester.
Stupidly, I put myself at a disadvantage by applying deffered and, in Oxford, I applied to a left wing college (I go to a public school). I didn't get into my first or second choice (Oxford or Edinburgh) but I have got my other three.
In Durham, I have got into my top choice college with a relatively low grade offer, and with Sheffield, I have been offered a scholarship.
My question is:
- Should I really reapply to Oxford to a new college and on direct entry?
- Should I Firm Dur/Sheff and wait until the grades come by and if I did better than expected withdraw and reapply to Ox?
- Should I firm/keep Durham/Sheffield and forget about reapplying.
- Should I withdraw altogether?
Turn on thread page Beta
University Dialemma - To Durham or Not to Durham watch
- Thread Starter
Last edited by MandarinGeog; 27-03-2016 at 23:02. Reason: Accidentally pressed send before I wrote anything
- 27-03-2016 22:50
- 28-03-2016 00:45
I'm in the same boat as you and haven't the slightest clue as to what I should do. Awkward, did that rhyme enough? *cringes*
I applied to read Biomedical Science and received a rejection prior to interviews because my BMAT scores were less than stellar. I was set on the school, and I tried to block out the dreadful feeling of rejection for four months, but this weekend it hit me like a brick wall.
I may apply to Oxford whist I go to Durham, which I hope to firm, but I'm nervous as to whether or not this could lead to problems because you're not supposed to be doing that... but I might chance it.
Do you think it is worth trying again if it means this much to you? Let me know; I want to talk to somebody about this but nobody gets it since I go to school in America, so it'll be nice to speak with somebody who know what I'm on about.