Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why do some 'normal' Facebook profile pictures get so many likes? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I know its only Facebook but why would normal or average profile pictures get so many likes? Like they are just pictures of a face, nothing out of the ordinary

I recently posted a profile pic and got nearly 100 likes and a few comments :lolwut: It was just a standard pic of my smiling face/top half of body but I wasn't expecting so many likes, especially since I used to get max 25 likes on previous pictures, and I dont have like 1000+ friends either

ReputationRep:
    I don"t know what you want us to tell you. Did you show cleavage

ReputationRep:
    People have such strange preoccupying thoughts nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    I don"t know what you want us to tell you. Did you show cleavage
    nope, literally just my face + wearing a thick winter coat

I'm just curious at the phenomenon that is social media 'likes'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BristolFresher15)
    People have such strange preoccupying thoughts nowadays.
    ikr, I'm sure most are too busy saving the world and tackling global warming to be thinking about these things

ReputationRep:
    Cos you have a lot of friend's who like you. If you don't like people liking your pic then put it on private or simply deactivate.

ReputationRep:
    Because you're popular

ReputationRep:
    One of my friends updated their profile pic recently, who also got almost 100 links, who also only showed their top half and face and was also wearing a thick winter coat... But it's probably not you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    One of my friends updated their profile pic recently, who also got almost 100 links, who also only showed their top half and face and was also wearing a thick winter coat... But it's probably not you.
    is it a he or she? Why do you think it got so many likes?

ReputationRep:
    Lol sometimes I wonder this, but I think it comes down to either loyalty because you feel like you have to like someones pic OR because the person is a nice person you like it anyways.
    Maybe a combination of both

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tootles44)
    is it a he or she? Why do you think it got so many likes?
    Girl, and I have no idea why she got that many likes? She is pretty hot though so maybe that's why. Also my friend recently told me it depends on what time of the day you've updated the picture as well as you probably won't be getting any likes after a day or so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dilzo999)
    Girl, and I have no idea why she got that many likes? She is pretty hot though so maybe that's why. Also my friend recently told me it depends on what time of the day you've updated the picture as well as you probably won't be getting any likes after a day or so.
    i see, was it a nice picture?

ReputationRep:
    i see, was it a nice picture?
    I thought it was, I mean it was like you said, just a random picture of their face and top half, nothing out of the ordinary/special.

ReputationRep:
    my last profile pic with my face in it is two years old and has 10 likes when i had about 120 friends
    my latest profile picture was literally just my wrist with a clients gold rolex, my class ring, my signet ring, my pinkie ring and a gold cuban bracelet when i had 215 friend yet got 70 likes
    so it doesn't make any sense to me at all

ReputationRep:
    I know its only Facebook but why would normal or average profile pictures get so many likes? Like they are just pictures of a face, nothing out of the ordinary

I recently posted a profile pic and got nearly 100 likes and a few comments :lolwut: It was just a standard pic of my smiling face/top half of body but I wasn't expecting so many likes, especially since I used to get max 25 likes on previous pictures, and I dont have like 1000+ friends either
    If you have a vagina and are at least a 7/10 looks wise every photo of you is guaranteed to get at least like 25 likes

Men get very few likes compared to women.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nile.)
    If you have a vagina and are at least a 7/10 looks wise every photo of you is guaranteed to get at least like 25 likes

Posted from TSR Mobile
    AHEM!
    Spoiler:
    Show
    buck angel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nile.)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    not true, and I've seen some absolute munters with loads of likes

ReputationRep:
    I'm lucky if I break double digits :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    You have thirsty friends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesthehustler)
    my last profile pic with my face in it is two years old and has 10 likes when i had about 120 friends
    my latest profile picture was literally just my wrist with a clients gold rolex, my class ring, my signet ring, my pinkie ring and a gold cuban bracelet when i had 215 friend yet got 70 likes
    so it doesn't make any sense to me at all
    More friends = more likes

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.