Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My snail paced revision in the Easter Holiday is what I would blame my awful results on. Let's hope I can crank up revision so I wouldn't need to get nightmares about results day :afraid:
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by thefatone)
    wait a second D* exist? what sorcery is this?
    Even a third does, D*D*D* but it depends on what you do BTEC wise. I have the option of obtaining one D* which is six units or two which is 12 units. I might just focus on my other subjects.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Nettled)
    My snail paced revision in the Easter Holiday is what I would blame my awful results on. Let's hope I can crank up revision so I wouldn't need to get nightmares about results day :afraid:
    Have you started at all yet? I have a little bit but I don't know where to start, there's no specific topic or area to revise on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    Have you started at all yet? I have a little bit but I don't know where to start, there's no specific topic or area to revise on.
    Look at your textbook contents pages. Whichever topic makes you feel uneasy looking at is the one you start with.

Alternatively, look at your mocks and revise the stuff you cocked up on.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by jamestg)
    Look at your textbook contents pages. Whichever topic makes you feel uneasy looking at is the one you start with.

Alternatively, look at your mocks and revise the stuff you cocked up on.
    I'm starting to now, I'm going to focus on one topic and then move on. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Doing AS Biology, AS Psychology and AS Sociology ( Was doing Maths to but missed 3 weeks and got an E in my mock so thought i was gonna fail anyways so not investing time into a U!).

Hoping to get A in biology A/B in Psychology and B in Sociology
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Rigby16)
    Doing AS Biology, AS Psychology and AS Sociology ( Was doing Maths to but missed 3 weeks and got an E in my mock so thought i was gonna fail anyways so not investing time into a U!).

Hoping to get A in biology A/B in Psychology and B in Sociology

You'll get there I am sure of it! Wish I did Psychology but the option wasn't there. I should have done Sociology but I don't know why I didn't. How are your subjects? Biology sounds extremely hard.

ReputationRep:
    :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    I started but it's not proper. I watched a vid got confused by something that was mentioned and just stopped working for the rest of the day.

Yeh.. Tomorrow might be the day I change!

ReputationRep:
    I can't see past the impeding doom of exams :/
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Ishea16)
    :bawling:
    Aw don't be. I feel the same but I know that I'll have to face it all. I'm just lucky that there is no AS/A2 year as opposed to before.

(Original post by Nettled)
    I started but it's not proper. I watched a vid got confused by something that was mentioned and just stopped working for the rest of the day.

Yeh.. Tomorrow might be the day I change!
    I get like that and procrastinate heavily. Sometimes these motivational videos on YouTube do help though. I remember getting a PM about this book that can help you pass your exams. I think everyone got sent that though? Had a look, it confused me.

ReputationRep:
    Aw don't be. I feel the same but I know that I'll have to face it all. I'm just lucky that there is no AS/A2 year as opposed to before.
    Life is a mess atm.

ReputationRep:

I get like that and procrastinate heavily. Sometimes these motivational videos on YouTube do help though. I remember getting a PM about this book that can help you pass your exams. I think everyone got sent that though? Had a look, it confused me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes they do help! Or I just look at my exam timetable and go fuarrkk so close I need to get on with it! And my mind snaps back into place.

Nah didn't get that PM.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Life is a mess atm.
    You'll get there, honestly. What subjects do you take?

ReputationRep:
    You'll get there, honestly. What subjects do you take?
    i wont....

bio chem phys & critical thinking

ReputationRep:
    Im not worried about german or geog, but biology I've been getting straight Us this year and somehow need to come out with a D to get onto the A2 course. I'm absolutely petrified I won't get into next year
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    i wont....

bio chem phys & critical thinking
    You will, what did you get in your mocks? What is critical thinking like?

(Original post by ImagineCats)
    Im not worried about german or geog, but biology I've been getting straight Us this year and somehow need to come out with a D to get onto the A2 course. I'm absolutely petrified I won't get into next year
    I'm sure you will, just gotta put the time and effort into your revision. What are your future plans?

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you will, just gotta put the time and effort into your revision. What are your future plans?
    All depends on these results. If I get a C in bio or higher, then I'll take chem AS next year too and apply to do genetics at uni. If I get a D I'll be happy I made it to year 13 but I'll opt for geog/German at uni. East Anglia offers the 2 best degrees- molecular biology & genetics OR geography & international development w/ German (or a beginners new language- spanish or russian????who knows)

Wbu?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by ImagineCats)
    All depends on these results. If I get a C in bio or higher, then I'll take chem AS next year too and apply to do genetics at uni. If I get a D I'll be happy I made it to year 13 but I'll opt for geog/German at uni. East Anglia offers the 2 best degrees- molecular biology & genetics OR geography & international development w/ German (or a beginners new language- spanish or russian????who knows)

Wbu?
    That sounds really fascinating and I'm sure you'll pass Biology. Will your school kick you out of sixth form if you don't? And I'm planning on an English degree somewhere in London. I've heard promising things about UEA that I'm considering applying there if I get all B grades this year.

ReputationRep:
    That sounds really fascinating and I'm sure you'll pass Biology. Will your school kick you out of sixth form if you don't? And I'm planning on an English degree somewhere in London. I've heard promising things about UEA that I'm considering applying there if I get all B grades this year.
    All Bs? jfc how highs the offer for English? On connect it says people are getting offers with Bs and Cs and Ds at AS!

They won'texactly kick me out- but I'll have to resit the year. I'd prefer to just re-sit the AS biology whilst doing A2 german/geography, and stay behind an extra year after year 13 to complete biology so I'm not missing out on my year group They're all b!tches but ygm

I live in London atm and had lab experience in QMUL and King's, so I've seen the campuses. Any questions about London or those unis then don't be shy my friend

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.