Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    Just because the world has been burned in a radioactive fireball doesn't mean you can't be happy and dandy. Jolly jolly jolly.
    There are a lot of Jolly folk in the game! Sunny Smiles and the squad are very jolly, it's quite a jolly game really :yep:
    You'd particularly like this one area called "Quarry Junction", lots of jolly folk there
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by somemightsay888)
    There are a lot of Jolly folk in the game! Sunny Smiles and the squad are very jolly, it's quite a jolly game really :yep:
    You'd particularly like this one area called "Quarry Junction", lots of jolly folk there
    "The Quarry Junction is an abandoned limestone quarry in the Mojave wasteland that is overrun by deathclaws"

Hmm well I guess there's geology to be done there so I see what you mean.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plagioclase)
    "The Quarry Junction is an abandoned limestone quarry in the Mojave wasteland that is overrun by deathclaws"

Hmm well I guess there's geology to be done there so I see what you mean.
    Ha...hah...heh...heh....

Deathclaws is just one of those joke names, overrun is used incorrectly, I prefer the term, "peacefully usurp the previous settlers" and they live out a life of jolly activities, give it a visit, some even give you free health :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Witcher 3
    FIFA 16

Not played them really
    • Welcome Squad

Welcome Squad
    (Original post by somemightsay888)
    Ha...hah...heh...heh....

Deathclaws is just one of those joke names, overrun is used incorrectly, I prefer the term, "peacefully usurp the previous settlers" and they live out a life of jolly activities, give it a visit, some even give you free health :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecatwithnohat)
    hdjssda
    LOOOOOOOOL :toofunny:

Lenny ready to destroy, tfw you pet so hard you snap their neck
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Yup, Steam sales always get me but recently I've just decided right, I've got a tonne of games I'm yet to start playing so unless I KNOW I will play this game, don't buy any more until I've finished with the others :lol:

Resident Evil 4
    Resident Evil 5
    Resident Evil 6
    Resident Evil HD Remake
    CoD World at War
    CoD Black Ops
    CoD Black Ops 2
    CoD Black Ops 3
    WWE 2K15
    WWE 2K16
    Killing Floor
    Typing of the Dead Overkill
    Dying Light
    THPS HD
    Crazy Taxi
    Mortal Kombat 9
    Mortal Kombat X

Those are just off the top of my head, plenty more :lol:

ReputationRep:
    It's pretty easy not to increase a backlog. Just buy games you really want, not the games that look interesting or look good value, like how we used to buy games. With all the games you really want to play alone you'll have a large backlog, not even counting all the free and 'free' games we get now.

Times have changed and now there are thousands of games, easily accessible, cheap. Not like how we used to play games (go to one of the many game shops and browse for a new game to play, play same game over and over again until birthday).

So your buying habit needs to change with it, but most of all you need to realise how much money you're throwing away. People with a thousand Steam games will claim they've saved thousands, when they've actually spent thousands on 950 games they haven't even attempted to play yet. So sad.

ReputationRep:
    My backlog died when 8th gen fully came around. It was huge and it's quite sad, I promised those games I would complete them and I lied.

My backlog now is pretty small. I only have a few games that I truly want to play before the big hitters arrive.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by ozzyoscy)
    It's pretty easy not to increase a backlog. Just buy games you really want, not the games that look interesting or look good value, like how we used to buy games. With all the games you really want to play alone you'll have a large backlog, not even counting all the free and 'free' games we get now.
    That's exactly my situation, most of the things I've bought have been on my wishlist for months/years before I finally get them as a gift or in a sale. Very few impulse buys. Lack of time (for gaming) is the only thing I never seem to take into account. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'm forever buying things when cheap. I got a PS4 finally late last year which coincided with many prices dropping, so I've got quite a few to play, ranging from big monsters (MGSV, The Witcher 3) to short things (The order, Zombie trilogy.)

I've also had a few Wii U games for 1-3 years without opening them, waiting for when I feel right (Wind waker HD, Wonderful 101 etc)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 3, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.