Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Laa,that's haram and not allowed :naughty:
    Since when are you concerned with what's haram? Just earlier you were reminiscing about hooking up with your decidedly un-Christian ex's.. :dry:

You mean the maltesers one? :innocent:
    I mean the one that's choc-full of realness, honour, and loyalty. Not convinced you'd have the first clue how to satiate that dire, so dw :unimpressed:

ReputationRep:
    So much hate for the tattoos. It's just art bro

ReputationRep:
    Hasn't slept around too much, is nice and fresh. Though up to 3 is no biggie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Since when are you concerned with what's haram? Just earlier you were reminiscing about hooking up with your decidedly un-Christian ex's.. :dry:

I mean the one that's choc-full of realness, honour, and loyalty. Not convinced you'd have the first clue how to satiate that dire, so dw :unimpressed:
    Hooking up? Whoah! Hell no

That's not nice :/

(Original post by Misc Aware)
    slept with < 10 women
    not a man sloot
    no tattoos
    not northern or scottish
    no drugs or smoking

Woahh

Hold it there.
    Don't diss my homies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrenchUnicorn)
    A guy who likes to travel, who's ambitious and intelligent, who surprises me. A guy who understands me
    This is the most reasonable requirement in this entire thread.

I'm a bi male, so I hope OP doesn't mind me contributing.

Let's see...

Well, first off I don't have any stupid requirements like 'Must study STEM subject.'

No height requirement.

Preferably someone who shares my interests - video games, anime, travel. Someone who's caring. Someone who loves me.

Someone intelligent. I don't mean really intelligent though; this really means someone 'not stupid'.

They don't need to lift or whatever. I probably wouldn't even care if they were a bit overweight or rather skinny.

I really am rather surprised at a lot of the very specific requirements posted here.

Oh, I'm afraid I do have one requirement. They can't be religious.

ReputationRep:
    Why are guys so intimidated when girls specifically know what they want....

ReputationRep:
    Romantic
    Dog loving
    lots of sex
    Doesn't want kids (for me?? Hate kids)
    Can tolerate my massive family
    Dog loving
    Attractive
    Smart
    Can cook
    Adventurous
    Dog loving

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alkaline.)
    Because most people don't know themselves well enough to know what they truly want or need in a life-partner. Most people don't even know what traits they want in tonight's dinner. Yet alone what traits they want in a husband 50 years from now.

I'm gently sceptical.

Also, it completely ignores the power of love to blow you over and change your expectations completely. Don't undermine the power of love or the power of your husband. He will change you in ways you have no idea about. If you're looking for a man that's just going to confirm you in your little bubble, it just doesn't happen and neither would it be healthy if he did.

That said, I believe it's very important to have your "deal-breakers" that would be utterly unacceptable in any marriage (Violence, different beliefs/religion, etc etc)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chocolatesauce)
    do they exist? have you come close, if so what was wrong? what is your criteria?

go! go! go!!!! go! go! go!!!!go! go! go!!!!go! go! go!!!!go! go! go!!!!go! go! go!!!!go! go! go!!!!go! go! go!!!!go! go! go!!!!go! go! go!!!!go! go! go!!!!
    (Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    shout go again and I'm unfollowing you.
    She just did

ReputationRep:
    Dislikes children and does not plan on having any

(Original post by alkaline.)
    Because some of them are flat-out ridiculous.

I imagine the way of thinking in a lot of these guys' heads is: 'What entitles you to have such high standards? What, are you a some sort of princess or something? You're not so amazing yourself you know.'

I do think a lot of girls have an over-inflated sense of their self-worth.

I wonder how many of the girls in this thread who specify that their prospective husbands must have studied STEM subjects are actually taking STEM subjects themselves...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Because some of them are flat-out ridiculous.

I imagine the way of thinking in a lot of these guys' heads is: 'What entitles you to have such high standards? What, are you a some sort of princess or something? You're not so amazing yourself you know.'

I do think a lot of girls have an over-inflated sense of their self-worth.
    Mine are realistic in that I'm not asking for anything more than myself.

(Original post by Abstract_Prism)
    This is the most reasonable requirement in this entire thread.
    Is it ? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Is it ? Thanks
    How's your cat on this fine morning?

(Original post by whorace)
    How's your cat on this fine morning?
    He's outside at the moment but I suppose he's fine :3
    What about Peasant :P ?

ReputationRep:
    He's outside at the moment but I suppose he's fine :3
    What about Peasant :P ?
    I went downstairs at 3am to get a sandwich, as impatient as always my attempt at giving him some gammon ended up giving me some nasty scrathes

What a peasant

(Original post by whorace)
    I went downstairs at 3am to get a sandwich, as impatient as always my attempt at giving him some gammon ended up giving me some nasty scrathes

What a peasant
    Hahaha xD ! He's a meanie :O my cat never scratches me :3 he did it once by accident , we were playing , and then he was so sorry he stopped playing. Poor kitty :3

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.