Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Found out today by clicking on his Facebook. At first I got really angry and threw the chair on the floor, but I'm feeling a lot better after you know... crying
    I closed the engagement photos straight away and I don't want to click on it again.

I don't know what to do. I've just asked my friend who knows him quite well about it and he said it was arranged. In a way I'm kind of happy for him that he's found someone.
    But in reality I am extremely depressed inside right now. I've waited two years and was planning on mentioning something soon as we are both in final year of university.

ReputationRep:
    Obviously didn't want to marry you then. Sorry if that's a bit harsh but he likes someone else

ReputationRep:
    Guess you're not marrying him then

ReputationRep:
    I don't know anyone who's been in this situation but it sounds like a very sad one. Sorry to hear that this has happened to you.
    Were the two of you very close?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Found out today by clicking on his Facebook. At first I got really angry and threw the chair on the floor, but I'm feeling a lot better after you know... crying
    I closed the engagement photos straight away and I don't want to click on it again.

I don't know what to do. I've just asked my friend who knows him quite well about it and he said it was arranged. In a way I'm kind of happy for him that he's found someone.
    But in reality I am extremely depressed inside right now. I've waited two years and was planning on mentioning something soon as we are both in final year of university.
    ??

why wait so long? it sounds like you two weren't even in a relationship to start with.. (as if you were, this post would be about why men are **** and men are worthless because he cheated on you by getting engaged....); so honestly, you weren't even in the race for you to be pissed you missed the starting gun........

you waited two ****ing years? myy dayss; some women are utter wimps. two years?

wowwww loooooooooooooooooool

(this may seem like a bit of a harsh post, but in my defence, this is all Your fault as from the basic grasp i have of the situation, you did nothing to make yourself known on his radar. waiting two years without telling the dude, doesn't particularly bode well on Your part. i say this, as for all the guy knew, he's living his life oblivious to the fact that you had plans. i keep saying this, but no one seems to be listening. men aren't ****ing mind readers lool)

ReputationRep:
    i don't mean to be 'anon number 2' btw.

if you want to quote me, just do so on this post :P

ReputationRep:
    Let this be a cautionary tale to everyone out there, ask out your crushes!!

ReputationRep:
    Only one thing left to do. Confess your love to him and ruin the engagement.

maybe, it'll be like a love, rosie type plot. who knows

but yeh, if they're both happy, i guess leave it be and move on
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Aww :console:

What gets me is how he said yes to an arranged marriage at the age of 20/21 :eek:

Anyway, I think you're too young to be worrying about marriage. I'd advise you to give it a few years and focus on your ambitions for now. Trust me, you'll find someone when the time's right

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indeterminate)

What gets me is how he said yes to an arranged marriage at the age of 20/21 :eek:

Anyway, I think you're too young to be worrying about marriage. I'd advise you to give it a few years and focus on your ambitions for now. Trust me, you'll find someone when the time's right
    Late 28/29 seems roughly fine for me in terms of settling down.
    Wbu?

20/21 is way to early as people change so much in those years and those who get married
    early either grow together or most often grow apart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indeterminate)

Lies it's all lies

ReputationRep:
    I can't believe you jusg threw a chair out of anger. I expect someone like my dad to do that. You need to check yourself mate 😐

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.