Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Shy guys! How do you act around a girl you like? Watch

Do you grin excessively at her, blank her, avoid eye contact when talking to her, follow her around silently, or all of the above?

ReputationRep:
    all of the above except the grinning. Why do you grin?

ReputationRep:
    Stare from a distance works 100% of the time

ReputationRep:
    Completely blank her and avoid eye contact, occasionally catch myself staring at her then look back at whatever I was just doing

ReputationRep:
    http://talknintendo.com/uploads/gall..._64_345347.jpg

ReputationRep:
    I'm shy because girls turn me on easily so I avoid looking at them full stop.

(Original post by Thomb)
    all of the above except the grinning. Why do you grin?
    (Original post by Lord Kitchener)
    Stare from a distance works 100% of the time
    Ooh because the guy I like does all of these things. And it's terribly confusing when I want to get to know him more but he struggles to look at me without going all red! But if he doesn't like me that way and just has social anxiety or something I don't wanna be all pushy with him.

(Original post by C-rated)
    Completely blank her and avoid eye contact, occasionally catch myself staring at her then look back at whatever I was just doing
    Why do you do that though? Surely every girl just thinks you're uninterested?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ooh because the guy I like does all of these things. And it's terribly confusing when I want to get to know him more but he struggles to look at me without going all red! But if he doesn't like me that way and just has social anxiety or something I don't wanna be all pushy with him.
    Have you spoken to him?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    All of the above :blush: will often nervously giggle too…..

ReputationRep:
    Why do you do that though? Surely every girl just thinks you're uninterested?
    I'm an asexual who can have non sexual feelings towards females but doesn't want a relationship

ReputationRep:
    Follow her silently

ReputationRep:
    Do you grin excessively at her, blank her, avoid eye contact when talking to her, follow her around silently, or all of the above?
    give her a spank because I know who the anon is

ReputationRep:
    Same advice as always: If you like a guy, stop trying to second-guess his emotions and ask him out.

Mumble/stutter a little too much when talkin'
    Looking at her when she's looking away, and occasionally getting caught

ReputationRep:
    Mumble/stutter a little too much when talkin'
    that one as well^^

ReputationRep:
    well looking/staring but then focusing on something else if they look

maybe i'll say something but it'll be about something i'm doing (so referring to a gemstone as a little beauty or calling some tangled chains b*****d f*****g things) or if i can just slide into a conversation or make a compliment on something they are wearing (like a nice watch or a ring)

asking to borrow a lighter or a pen just to indicate a conversation depending upon where i can seen them (have even fake a business phone call to a client on a deal i was working on at the time)

(Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    give her a spank because I know who the anon is
    I can guarantee you do not know me :P

(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
    Same advice as always: If you like a guy, stop trying to second-guess his emotions and ask him out.
    He's scared to even talk to me, you don't think asking him out would super freak him out?

ReputationRep:
    I can guarantee you do not know me :P

He's scared to even talk to me, you don't think asking him out would super freak him out?
    It wouldnt let me like your comment as I liked recently. I know yeh tit.

(Original post by trustmeimlying1)
    It wouldnt let me like your comment as I liked recently. I know yeh tit.
    Nope, no idea what that means. Stop being rude to me, I don't know you.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.