Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are long tops always so baggy at the waist? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I always wear jeans but am trying to find something a bit more feminine though I'm not keen on skirts/dresses. I was thinking leggings with a long top but all the long tops I see are baggyish/don't define the waist. Because I'm so short this just makes me look fatter/square shaped. For example non of the long tops on this page look like they fit properly at the waist. I can't be bothered with belts lol. http://www.next.co.uk/shop/gender-wo...-tops-0#1_1396 Just wanted advice.

Oh and do any of you know of any good leggings with pockets in as that's the only thing I will miss about my jeans.

ReputationRep:
    You can defo dress up a pair of jeans and make them look a little more feminine without having to worry about having a defined waist. You could go for a loose fitting button down shirt, a cami, patterned vest top (all tucked in) etc, bodysuits are also really in right now and they're good for giving a bit of shape ☺️ Shoes wise you can pretty much go for anything; a pair of cool trainers, sandles (flat, low heeled or high), a pair of ankle boots. Also, the way you accessorise makes a big difference to your outfit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helloimbri)
    You can defo dress up a pair of jeans and make them look a little more feminine without having to worry about having a defined waist. You could go for a loose fitting button down shirt, a cami, patterned vest top (all tucked in) etc, bodysuits are also really in right now and they're good for giving a bit of shape ☺️ Shoes wise you can pretty much go for anything; a pair of cool trainers, sandles (flat, low heeled or high), a pair of ankle boots. Also, the way you accessorise makes a big difference to your outfit.
    It's March. Why on Earth would you wear sandals.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katty3)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Was just giving advice from a general point of view...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katty3)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not asking for this week or anything ha just for throughout the year. Though the weather in the UK is unpredictable and doesn't seem to follow the seasons well anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helloimbri)
    Yea I guess I always get lazy with jeans and just end up wearing a tracksuit top with trainers. In fact I haven't worn anything else this year as I don't even go out at night regular. I could do the tucking in thing I never thought of that it might make me look taller too ha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by indigofox)
    Yea I guess I always get lazy with jeans and just end up wearing a tracksuit top with trainers. In fact I haven't worn anything else this year as I don't even go out at night regular. I could do the tucking in thing I never thought of that it might make me look taller too ha.
    There's definitely nothing wrong with that! Comfort is always good☺️ Yes! Tucking especially with high waisted jeans will give the illusion that you have slightly longer legs making you look taller

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.