Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=TarotOfMagic;64861887]
    (Original post by nihil_nimis)

The examiner report for last year's exam says that the questions were:
    Q1 (a) Explain the belief that god is both lawgiver and judge.
    Q3. (a) Explain what Kant believed about the innate moral awareness in human beings.
    yeah question 3 is Kants moral argument

ReputationRep:
    So what do you guys feel will come up and not in the philosophy as exam, I feel like Plato,God as a creator, ontological, cosmological and problem of evil could all come up but what do you guys think

ReputationRep:
    I think that it will be (hopefully):
    -Ontological Arg
    -Cosmological
    -Plato's Forms
    - Problem of evil
    What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    why do u think this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nancy1)
    I think that it will be (hopefully):
    -Ontological Arg
    -Cosmological
    -Plato's Forms
    - Problem of evil
    What do you think?
    I doubt they would do cosmo and onto in the same set of questions. Too similar and then most people would just answer both.

I think Religion and Science may come up, which worries me as it is the one I have done the least work on

ReputationRep:
    I think the ontological argument might be on as it hasnt been i for a few years but im not too sure x if anyone has a philosophy and ethics revision group on whatsapp please let me know and i will join it and im willing to send pictures of my notes x

ReputationRep:
    hopefully plato and ontological come up. i have only revised those 2 and freud and comsological. im not sure about religion and science because it has come up 3 times in a row recently. teleological and aristotle came last year and apparently everyone done good in them so i doubt it will come this year although they may ask its criticisms if they wanna be mean and break the pattern. i think plato will come on but with the wording of a devil and they can also ask us his criticisms. ontological is also due. it came up in 2013 and has only been asked 3 times. hopefully its a easy paper this year. pray to Allah

ReputationRep:
    Guys what part of the teleological argument do we have to know????

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone give me their notes from Hume and the Cosmological argument as I dont know how I would be able to write a 25 marker on that sort of topic as I feel like there is not enough to write about. thanks

ReputationRep:
    Hi. My teacher told us that the key to these criticism questions is to first explain the theory and then to do the criticisms- there is not enough to write to get the 25 marks otherwise. So for that question I would:
    -Intro:
    Definition of cosmology
    A posteriori, inductive and what they mean
    Introduce Hume and briefly Aquinas and Copleston
    Describe the basis in brief of Hume's criticisms- so assumption of cause.

Then in the main body I would describe Aquinas' 3 ways in a smallish amount of detail and possibly mention Copleston- but be brief on this as you have a max of 30 mins for this part a

Then describe Hume's criticisms in as much detail as possible, so:
    Assumption of cause
    Fallacy of Composition
    Why can the universe not be necessary, as Aquinas is stating God is
    Why no infinite regress when regress of numbers
    Idea that it doesn't fit in with the trad. idea of Judeo-Xian God anyway- doesn't reflect what we are told about his characteristics such as goodness etc

The key really is to try and bulk it out. Other nasty ones have been stuff like explain Mills criticisms on the design argument and to describe Descartes OA. Just make sure you are writing enough to get the marks and make sure you try and sound intelligent at the start and end of your essay. My teacher, who marks the papers, said that this forms a lot of the basis on what band of grade you will be in.

I am not revisisng Religion and Science or Moral arguement. Would love OA and problem of evil to come up
    Hope that helps

ReputationRep:
    *+44 7572 872991‬ Would like to be added! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jasminefederer)
    *+44 7572 872991‬ Would like to be added! Thanks!
    I don't think that it is wise to post your number on a live thread. I think you should privately message that person instead. Just my advice ...

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, I think these 25 markers will come up

1) Explain Plato's theory of forms (25)

2) Explain the Ontological Argument AND Kant's challenges of it (25)

3) Explain the concept of God as Creator (25)

4) Explain Augustine's theodicy on the problem of evil (25)

Hume and his cosmological argument have come up quite often since the beginning of the spec - I don't think it'll come up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, i have just started a philosophy and ethics revision study group for OCR AS philosophy and ethics on whatsapp like 5 minutes ago, if you would like to join, then please message me your number.i share my revision notes / mind maps and u can do the same too xx

ReputationRep:
    Peter Baron thinks
    1.Plato and the forms
    2.Ontological Argument
    3.Religion and Science
    4.Probem of evil
    - his predictions have been right in the past

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASphilosophy101)
    Peter Baron thinks
    1.Plato and the forms
    2.Ontological Argument
    3.Religion and Science
    4.Probem of evil
    - his predictions have been right in the past
    He doesn't predict science?
    He predicts Hume's' criticisms to the cosmological argument - not science ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is it true about the idea that you should not do something such as the forms because a lot of others would be doing it?

Surely an A grade answer, is an A grade answer irrespective of if it is a commonly answered questions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackf1998)
    Is it true about the idea that you should not do something such as the forms because a lot of others would be doing it?

Surely an A grade answer, is an A grade answer irrespective of if it is a commonly answered questions?
    Yeah you are correct, an A grade answer is an A grade answer, ecen if lots of people chose it.

ReputationRep:
    Guys theres only like 4 people on my whatsapp group and not many notes so if you wish to join my study group in whatsapp for ocr philosophy and ethics then just message your number privately to me. Also its a great chance to make new friends xx thanks x

ReputationRep:
    How would others approach the part b; 'Assess Gaunilo’s challenge to Anselm.' It is predicted herehttp://peped.org/philosophicalinvestigations/predictions-philosophy-religion-a2-2016/ and is one of those tricky part b's which aren't very clear on what to talk about.
    -

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  3. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.