Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys I was wondering if anyone of you have any notes on peter singers preference utilitarianism and mills because I cant find much info on him in the books and we only touched on it in class but tbh I think utilitarianism may not come up this year because It has come up 3 times in a row now but its best to revise it just in case

ReputationRep:
    My philosophy teacher said today that she is pretty certain that Problem of Evil or Judeo Christian God will come up and also the cosmological or the ontological argument

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theresexx)
    In the problem of evil topic!!
    I love that topic! Religion and science has so much content, there's barely any popular philosophers but so many astronomers etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doodle_123)
    Hi guys I was wondering if anyone of you have any notes on peter singers preference utilitarianism and mills because I cant find much info on him in the books and we only touched on it in class but tbh I think utilitarianism may not come up this year because It has come up 3 times in a row now but its best to revise it just in case
    I'm really busy with my revision so I don't have time to look through all my documents, but this is all the work I have on these subjects.
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf utilitarianism_aspects_of_theory.pdf (453.1 KB, 189 views)
  2. Attached Files
  3. File Type: docx Ethics Revision theories.docx (32.7 KB, 246 views)
  4. File Type: docx utilitarianism.docx (24.3 KB, 183 views)
  5. File Type: docx Ethics revision word doc.docx (547.6 KB, 172 views)
  6. File Type: docx Christian Ethics.docx (17.0 KB, 175 views)

ReputationRep:
    This is the revision my teacher made for our class. I have already made my revision so I don't need it but if you're struggling feel free to do whatever to it.
    Attached Files
  7. File Type: doc AS POR downloaded from TES.doc (293.0 KB, 562 views)

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any tips on writing the exam questions under timed conditions?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennaelizaaa)
    This is the revision my teacher made for our class. I have already made my revision so I don't need it but if you're struggling feel free to do whatever to it.
    This is so helpful, thanks!!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any tips on writing the exam questions under timed conditions?
    For part A I introduce the question by using background like the first philosopher to initially start the argument, or general information about the topic e.g. a posteriori, inductive etc. Then I always write what the question initially asks because if you run out of time, you have definitely answered the question e.g. 'Explain Freud's moral argument' talk about Freud, then bring in Kant etc.
    For part B, the best way to get full marks is to use philosophers theories, not just general knowledge. And always put in 'a strength/weakness of this', the question doesn't want knowledge, it wants you to argue. I always add in my own opinion in the conclusion as it shows you have a definite answer e.g. In my opinion Freud's moral argument is more successful than Kant's due to scientific evidence, and clear case studies.
    Does that help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jennaelizaaa)
    For part A I introduce the question by using background like the first philosopher to initially start the argument, or general information about the topic e.g. a posteriori, inductive etc. Then I always write what the question initially asks because if you run out of time, you have definitely answered the question e.g. 'Explain Freud's moral argument' talk about Freud, then bring in Kant etc.
    For part B, the best way to get full marks is to use philosophers theories, not just general knowledge. And always put in 'a strength/weakness of this', the question doesn't want knowledge, it wants you to argue. I always add in my own opinion in the conclusion as it shows you have a definite answer e.g. In my opinion Freud's moral argument is more successful than Kant's due to scientific evidence, and clear case studies.
    Does that help?
    Yes, thanks so much!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by existential)
    My philosophy teacher said today that she is pretty certain that Problem of Evil or Judeo Christian God will come up and also the cosmological or the ontological argument
    Both the problem of evil and Judeo-Christian God came up in June 2015

I think it'll be ontological as cosmological has come up so much
    However, the radio debate between Russell and Copleston (however you spell his name) is due to come up

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yes I think so too, but my philosophy teacher reckons that Judeo Christian God and Problem of Evil will come up again as they were done badly, so examiners like to ask questions that have been answered badly

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE]
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Hi everyone! I've added this thread to the A Level Exam Directory Thread (that can be found here!). If you see any other threads that could do with being in there, please do let me know. Good luck with this exam! :blow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by existential)
    Yes I think so too, but my philosophy teacher reckons that Judeo Christian God and Problem of Evil will come up again as they were done badly, so examiners like to ask questions that have been answered badly

Posted from TSR Mobile
    [/QUOTE]

Yeah that's true, the same thing happened with 'explain creatio ex nihlo'

ReputationRep:
    I want to join ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KaylaB)
    Another reason to not focus on Aristotle is that there was a set of questions about just him last year, 24 marker on the 4 causes and 10 marker on the prime mover. So I'm guessing it wouldn't come up two years in a row
    Does anyone have time to help me understand the moral argument of Kant i absolutely hate it and struggling with it and the criticisms of it by Freud ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Monika_kpc)
    Does anyone have time to help me understand the moral argument of Kant i absolutely hate it and struggling with it and the criticisms of it by Freud ??
    Hey here is one of my homework essays on the Moral argument which got 25, hope this helps!!
    If you have any more questions just ask!!
    Attached Files
  8. File Type: docx A) Explain Kant's moral argument.docx (14.6 KB, 320 views)

ReputationRep:
    Hey here is one of my homework essays on the Moral argument which got 25, hope this helps!!
    If you have any more questions just ask!!
    Thank you soooo muchh!!!!

ReputationRep:
    What are we thinking is likely to come up on the OCR and Ethics AS papers this year? My teacher has mentioned that Plato hasn't come up for a few years and reckons it might be the cave analogy, and also she has a hunch on war and peace. I know it's impossible to know for sure, but does anyone have any different ideas?
    Thankyou in advance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miss_rearoo)
    What are we thinking is likely to come up on the OCR and Ethics AS papers this year? My teacher has mentioned that Plato hasn't come up for a few years and reckons it might be the cave analogy, and also she has a hunch on war and peace. I know it's impossible to know for sure, but does anyone have any different ideas?
    Thankyou in advance
    Fox Corner

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any Judeo-Christian notes that I could borrow?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.