Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TarotOfMagic)
    I'm praying that Plato's theory of the forms will come up, along with the ontological arugment! Maybe the examiners will be nice and give us easy questions, seeing as it's the spec's last year lol. What about you? Which topics are you hoping will come up?
    Haha I'm hoping they are nice too! I'm hoping for Plato, Ontological and maybe Problem of Evil. Really hoping that religion and science doesn't come up haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by existential)
    Haha I'm hoping they are nice too! I'm hoping for Plato, Ontological and maybe Problem of Evil. Really hoping that religion and science doesn't come up haha
    Omg wtf same! I couldn't be asked to go over religion vs science because it's sooo fking long. Lol. Problem of Evil doesn't seem that bad either lol. How confident are you for the exam and how much have you revised so far?

ReputationRep:
    Omg wtf same! I couldn't be asked to go over religion vs science because it's sooo fking long. Lol. Problem of Evil doesn't seem that bad either lol. How confident are you for the exam and how much have you revised so far?
    Me too! I'm not revising it as I know I couldn't write about it in the exam and I'm feel okay with Plato, problem of evil, cosmological and ontological but I'm struggling to revise the others! How about you? and how are you feeling about ethics?

ReputationRep:
    Me too! I'm not revising it as I know I couldn't write about it in the exam and I'm feel okay with Plato, problem of evil, cosmological and ontological but I'm struggling to revise the others! How about you? and how are you feeling about ethics?
    Ugh don't even talk about ethics. I know this is sounds really unprofessional but my ethics teacher has been sooooooo sh1t. Literally, the highest in my class is like a D. She doesn't teach us anything! revising ethics will be sooo stressful.

ReputationRep:
    Guys, Hey i am so scared, stressed, depressed! i dont know what to do , where to start? i am going to FAIL! i know nothing, literally nthing. HELp plEASE SOMEONE

ReputationRep:
    Ugh don't even talk about ethics. I know this is sounds really unprofessional but my ethics teacher has been sooooooo sh1t. Literally, the highest in my class is like a D. She doesn't teach us anything! revising ethics will be sooo stressful.
    I am soooo stressed about ethics! Finding it so difficult to do the application questions and I know I generally haven't done enough revision like I have for philosophy

ReputationRep:
    Bad teachers are so annoying my RS teachers takes 5 months to return our essays to us and he spends more time talking about his life then anything else. I'm praying Plato comes up too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That's such a shame as Aristotle's such a straight forward topic. :/
    I hear that Plato is likely to come up though. However, OCR could just be awkward and diverge from the pattern.

ReputationRep:
    HI guys - in relation to earlier when someone said that kants challenges of the ontological argument are supposed to come up, how are you meant to write 25 marks about that?? I know he does say a significant amount but I would usually associate a question like that with a part b. thanks, and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jonahfromtonga)
    HI guys - in relation to earlier when someone said that kants challenges of the ontological argument are supposed to come up, how are you meant to write 25 marks about that?? I know he does say a significant amount but I would usually associate a question like that with a part b. thanks, and good luck!
    jonahfromtonga haha - I hate that show. I've never practiced a question like that but I would go about it as follows:

Intro - Relevant information about the two philosophers.

- Explain Anselm's ontological argument and how Descartes developed it.

- Explain Kant's criticisms. (However, I only know two, not sure if there are more).

Conclusion - Outlining how Kant did believe in God and has his own moral argument which can present why he believed there was a God.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThatGuyJosh)
    jonahfromtonga haha - I hate that show. I've never practiced a question like that but I would go about it as follows:

Intro - Relevant information about the two philosophers.

- Explain Anselm's ontological argument and how Descartes developed it.

- Explain Kant's criticisms. (However, I only know two, not sure if there are more).

Conclusion - Outlining how Kant did believe in God and has his own moral argument which can present why he believed there was a God.

ahhh thank you haha. Im not going to lie i just used the first name i saw when making the account, so i wasnt able to be identified by people from school haha

ReputationRep:
    I am soooo stressed about ethics! Finding it so difficult to do the application questions and I know I generally haven't done enough revision like I have for philosophy
    Ikr! I've done like 0 revision for ethics this entire year. What grade are you hoping to get in RS overall?

ReputationRep:
    Somebody please summarize Gaunilo's objections to Anselm's ontological argument. This is really urgent because I wan't to move on to my next phase of revision and cannot find much information on his objections.

ReputationRep:
    I've just completed all my notes for Ancient Greek Influences (Plato and Aristotle).

If anyone is interested in trading notes, let me know. It would be really helpful to compare notes and to see what each one of us may have missed out.

I also got an A for this overall last year, however, I am resitting this exam in order to get a 90 UMS or above.

ReputationRep:
    Somebody please summarize Gaunilo's objections to Anselm's ontological argument. This is really urgent because I wan't to move on to my next phase of revision and cannot find much information on his objections.
    Gaunilo claims that the flaws in Anselm's logic will be made obvious if we were to replace the idea of God with an island. In his book - On Behalf the Fool - he says: "Imagine the most excellent island, understanding the implications of the phrase 'most excellend island' and therefore understanding that this notion exists as a concept".

ReputationRep:
    Gaunilo claims that the flaws in Anselm's logic will be made obvious if we were to replace the idea of God with an island. In his book - On Behalf the Fool - he says: "Imagine the most excellent island, understanding the implications of the phrase 'most excellend island' and therefore understanding that this notion exists as a concept".
    Thank you, I know I never mentioned it but I understand this objection thoroughly. To be honest - i don't really understand how his objection about the 'fool' spreading gossip relates to the argument. Do you now how it applies to it?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, I know I never mentioned it but I understand this objection thoroughly. To be honest - i don't really understand how his objection about the 'fool' spreading gossip relates to the argument. Do you now how it applies to it?
    I haven't been taught a fool analogy, sorry.

ReputationRep:
    I haven't been taught a fool analogy, sorry.
    No worries. And do you think that we could get a question just on Gaunilo's criticisms?

For example: Explain Gaunilo's objections to Anselm's ontological argument. (25)

ReputationRep:
    I can't imagine how they would give us a part a on Gaunilo's criticisms unless it involved explaining Anslem's argument also as otherwise there just isn't enough to write.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thepurplerain)
    I can't imagine how they would give us a part a on Gaunilo's criticisms unless it involved explaining Anslem's argument also as otherwise there just isn't enough to write.
    Yeah, I would of thought so. Just wanted to confirm any doubts.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.