Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I like girls out of my league Watch

Hi there,

I'm a 19 year old university student and I'm a virgin. I haven't had a girlfriend since like year 2 (lol). Basically I used to be, and kind of still am, an introvert. I do go out much more now that I'm at university but before uni I never went out with my friends. I haven't been gifted with much, especially in the looks department. I'd say I'm a solid 3 or 4 out of 10. Also I suffer from social anxiety which makes me come across as shy whenever I meet people. This, as well as the fact that I have a monotonous voice, means that I'm not very good at making friends or getting a girlfriend.

So it was back in December when I first saw this girl who was on my course at uni. She's a solid 8 out of 10. Me being me I'm scared of talking to her, and it's only been in the Easter holidays that we started talking (due to being in a group chat). So we spoke a bit and I was under the illusion that I stood a chance with her, albeit a small one. Turns out she has a boyfriend. As I went to an all boys secondary school, I haven't had many friends that are girls.

But yeah, I suppose the point of this is to ask for advice. Whenever I see good looking girls, the response is the same. For some reason I feel like a have a small chance, even though I probably don't. It's annoying because I want to be able to like somebody who is in my league, but I just don't find them attractive. I don't want to sound shallow, but I feel like I could do better. People say that you shouldn't think a girl is out of your league, but when I see couples out and about I can see why they are together, because they are similar in terms of attractiveness. I've never seen a 3/10 with an 8/10. So yeah, any advice?

ReputationRep:
    It's not rocket science. If you were 9/10, would you date 3/10 girls? This.

ReputationRep:
    Problem is you think they are out of your league, that's not the best way to do it, as much as most women like to put on a gentle persona they like it rough, a shy nerd who thinks she's out of his league isn't going to boss her about when she wants it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoyalMarine)
    It's not rocket science. If you were 9/10, would you date 3/10 girls? This.
    This

start lifting and youll gain 1 or 2 points, you can date 5/10 girls then

not gonna pull HBBs though

(Original post by whorace)
    Problem is you think they are out of your league, that's not the best way to do it, as much as most women like to put on a gentle persona they like it rough, a shy nerd who thinks she's out of his league isn't going to boss her about when she wants it.
    and you said I talk **** :rofl:

A shy 3/10 is beta, but better than a 3/10 arrogant guy, who is laughing stock

ReputationRep:
    For a second I thought I had sleep written this post lol, there's no such thing as a 'league' as much as people try to push, it a lot of attractiveness comes from confidence, at the end of the day, find a girl you like, see if she's single, try to gauge whether she's interested or not and act accordingly, don't let made up numbers get you down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misc Aware)
    This

Nah if he lifts just to gain confidence he'll still be the shy wreck, there's so many guys out there these days that lift. What distingushes them? Character, without the cavaliar attitude to go with it you're just a guy with muscle whining about how alpha is he.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Misc Aware)
    This

and you said I talk **** :rofl:

A shy 3/10 is beta, but better than a 3/10 arrogant guy, who is laughing stock
    On what planet is this even remotely true? A shy 3/10 'beta' is invisible, an arrogant guy is at least going to make enough passes. Not all women date super guys, some are so insecure they wouldn't even think they could.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blondie987)
    For a second I thought I had sleep written this post lol, there's no such thing as a 'league' as much as people try to push, it a lot of attractiveness comes from confidence, at the end of the day, find a girl you like, see if she's single, try to gauge whether she's interested or not and act accordingly, don't let made up numbers get you down.
    That's BS lol. Everyone knows looks matter the most, you were born with it

It's good to try out something out of your league sometimes. League One football games can be interesting

ReputationRep:
    No girl is ever out of your league :bigsmile:

(or just lower your standards a bit, you're probably focusing on looks too much)

ReputationRep:
    That's BS lol. Everyone knows looks matter the most, you were born with it
    That's loser talk.

ReputationRep:
    Nah if he lifts just to gain confidence he'll still be the shy wreck, there's so many guys out there these days that lift. What distingushes them? Character, without the cavaliar attitude to go with it you're just a guy with muscle whining about how alpha is he.
    Cavalier? Who cares about cavaliers? Girls want attractive guys

ReputationRep:
    That's loser talk.
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    Cavalier? Who cares about cavaliers? Girls want attractive guys
    Yes and physical attraction forms one and only one part of that, character is just as important, that handsome but boring guy? Nah they'll pass a lot of the time. You really don't need much experience to know that women sleep with ugly guys all the time :lol: anyone who denies this is just a defeatist
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hi there,

I'm a 19 year old university student and I'm a virgin. I haven't had a girlfriend since like year 2 (lol). Basically I used to be, and kind of still am, an introvert. I do go out much more now that I'm at university but before uni I never went out with my friends. I haven't been gifted with much, especially in the looks department. I'd say I'm a solid 3 or 4 out of 10. Also I suffer from social anxiety which makes me come across as shy whenever I meet people. This, as well as the fact that I have a monotonous voice, means that I'm not very good at making friends or getting a girlfriend.

So it was back in December when I first saw this girl who was on my course at uni. She's a solid 8 out of 10. Me being me I'm scared of talking to her, and it's only been in the Easter holidays that we started talking (due to being in a group chat). So we spoke a bit and I was under the illusion that I stood a chance with her, albeit a small one. Turns out she has a boyfriend. As I went to an all boys secondary school, I haven't had many friends that are girls.

But yeah, I suppose the point of this is to ask for advice. Whenever I see good looking girls, the response is the same. For some reason I feel like a have a small chance, even though I probably don't. It's annoying because I want to be able to like somebody who is in my league, but I just don't find them attractive. I don't want to sound shallow, but I feel like I could do better. People say that you shouldn't think a girl is out of your league, but when I see couples out and about I can see why they are together, because they are similar in terms of attractiveness. I've never seen a 3/10 with an 8/10. So yeah, any advice?
    If you allow yourself to believe a girl is out of your league then that will be a far bigger enemy to you than any actual difference. Always believe that it's the girls loss if she rejects you.

ReputationRep:
    Why?
    Put simply, a pretty face isn't going to have sex with you is it? A good body doesn't solve anything, it'll make people initially more interested in you, once they see you have a personality like that Misc idiot they'll run away and go sleep with someone more manly who doesn't talk about how much he loves his gay abs. Aggression and other attitude are equally as important if not more so, even for hookups.

ReputationRep:
    Yes and physical attraction forms one and only one part of that, character is just as important, that handsome but boring guy? Nah they'll pass a lot of the time. You really don't need much experience to know that women sleep with ugly guys all the time :lol: anyone who denies this is just a defeatist
    Then we live in different universes lol. And why should a handsome guy be boring?I know the ugly ones are jealous but I'm sure you know there are handsome and fun guys :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Then we live in different universes lol. And why should a handsome guy be boring?I know the ugly ones are jealous but I'm sure you know there are handsome and fun guys :lol:
    There's lots of handsome and fun guys, my point is if they are not fun they are far less likely to get laid, even more so than ugly guys with a fun attitude. Why? I've explained above, guys with attitude attract women because they are manly, girls like that Misc guy just put girls off by talking about their abs and the gym.

ReputationRep:
    There's lots of handsome and fun guys, my point is if they are not fun they are far less likely to get laid, even more so than ugly guys with a fun attitude. Why? I've explained above, guys with attitude attract women because they are manly, girls like that Misc guy just put girls off by talking about their abs and the gym.
    Why should they be talking about abs? I talk about abs only with my trainer lol. Girls fall in love with the looks,just take Justin Bieber. Millions of girls love him and would sleep with him asap, even if they never met him and they don't know him. Looks matter the most

ReputationRep:
    Why should they be talking about abs? I talk about abs only with my trainer lol. Girls fall in love with the looks,just take Justin Bieber. Millions of girls love him and would sleep with him asap, even if they never met him and they don't know him. Looks matter the most
    It's more to do with him being a celeb, and I don't even get the hype.

Also he's marketed to underage girls brother, not exactly the target for a quick shag :lol:

xobeauty

Justin Bieber is effeminate and ugly agreed?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.