Turn on thread page Beta

Should I address my clear weakness in personal statement? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,

I failed second year engineering ,now I change to a different person and just got Dean's award from current uni- Northumbria with 69% grade.
    I want to apply MSc management at Imperial, UCL and King.

Should I express the reason that I over -estimated myself that caused the failure in my personal statement.

Will I get a chance of being accepted from them?

Please help.Many thanks.

ReputationRep:
    No

Your PS is for selling yourself and explaining why you want to do that course and why you would be good for that course - not explaining away a previous course. Your referee can explain all that.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much for the reply.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Over estimating yourself is really not a good thing to say, as it brings up.the question.of whether you're doing that this time too. Just don't mention it.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks so much for your reply.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2016
Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.