The Student Room Group

Science

I feel like I don't know anything in science, I have no clue how to revise it either. Nothing's working for me. Someone help?
Look at the corse specification online, and a revision guide, and make some flash cards. Memorise the facts and rules, then put them into practice with a past paper.
Original post by meghemmings
I feel like I don't know anything in science, I have no clue how to revise it either. Nothing's working for me. Someone help?

Get revision guides, CGP ones are best personally. Past papers and look at mark schemes. Look at the course spec on the exam board website. Ask teachers for help, they'll like that you're asking! Get apps that quiz you. Just learn all the key info.
Good luck! 📚🎓
Reply 3
Original post by aieshacaitlin
Get revision guides, CGP ones are best personally. Past papers and look at mark schemes. Look at the course spec on the exam board website. Ask teachers for help, they'll like that you're asking! Get apps that quiz you. Just learn all the key info.
Good luck! 📚🎓

Thankyou so much! I have the CGP book for AQA and I use them, they seem good but I feel like I'm not using them effectively. Any tips?
Thankyou so much! I have the CGP book for AQA and I use them, they seem good but I feel like I'm not using them effectively. Any tips?

I make notes on each page and ensure that I understand it all (mostly). If there's something I seriously don't understand then I ask my teacher. Past papers are recommended but I will start doing those once I have revised all of the topics. If there is a larger topic in the guide, a process where you should learn it, such as fractional distillation, then I make an A3 poster and put it on my wall because I prefer to learn seeing it and reading bits each day. There are cgp apps too which are supposed to be good- I only have the basic free one.
I do triple and am predicted AAB.
If you need any more advice please message me!
Good luck! X 📚📚
Reply 5
Original post by aieshacaitlin
I make notes on each page and ensure that I understand it all (mostly). If there's something I seriously don't understand then I ask my teacher. Past papers are recommended but I will start doing those once I have revised all of the topics. If there is a larger topic in the guide, a process where you should learn it, such as fractional distillation, then I make an A3 poster and put it on my wall because I prefer to learn seeing it and reading bits each day. There are cgp apps too which are supposed to be good- I only have the basic free one.
I do triple and am predicted AAB.
If you need any more advice please message me!
Good luck! X 📚📚

Thankyou so much!! This should really help me, I'll apply that to my revision today! One more question sorry, I do triple aswell and we have just finished B3 but not C3 or P3 and I'm scared we aren't going to get it finished but also that I won't have time to revise all 3 modules. Do you have any advice on how to time manage revising the 3 modules on top of other subjects? I will, same goes to you! And Thankyou good luck to you too! X

Hey
The way I revise is by making flashcards (a question in one side with the answer in the other). I go through them. Try them and see if they help. Also, you should buy CGP Revision guides there the best as the information is really easy to understand. I tend to watch a lot of videos on youtube if I don't understand anything and I also make notes while watching the videos.
Hope this helped and remeber to buy CGP Revision books!:smile:
Reply 7
Original post by *Alisha*
Hey
The way I revise is by making flashcards (a question in one side with the answer in the other). I go through them. Try them and see if they help. Also, you should buy CGP Revision guides there the best as the information is really easy to understand. I tend to watch a lot of videos on youtube if I don't understand anything and I also make notes while watching the videos.
Hope this helped and remeber to buy CGP Revision books!:smile:

Hey! Thankyou:-), I have the CGP revision guides and flash cards sounds like a good idea, I've always thought they are time consuming though I'm not sure!x
Thankyou so much!! This should really help me, I'll apply that to my revision today! One more question sorry, I do triple aswell and we have just finished B3 but not C3 or P3 and I'm scared we aren't going to get it finished but also that I won't have time to revise all 3 modules. Do you have any advice on how to time manage revising the 3 modules on top of other subjects? I will, same goes to you! And Thankyou good luck to you too! X

Yeah same we are still learning B6, C6 and P5 (done p6) (OCR) and still have mocks at the end of April for paper 2! I think I'll have to cram for the last topics a matter of days before the exams tbh. I started revising at start of Feb but there is so much content! Instead of revising all of the same topic in one day, I am revising half of one topic and then half of another. Like today, I revised half of B4 and half of C4. Don't revise for hours and hours on end otherwise you'll just be be bored. Make sure you take plenty of regular breaks and stay hydrated. 🍺💦 I try to do 45 minutes at a time then take a break. I don't revise for longer than 8 hours a day, and if it's more than 6 then I will only do half of one science topic and then another subject. Sorry, I'm crap at time management! Good luck, message me if you need any help! X 📚👍🏻✌🏼️
Reply 9
It's ridiculous how we are still learning it, we should have finished the course by now!! And Thankyou so much, I'll try that!! Thankyou good luck to you too and okay will do same goes for you! X
Reply 10
Original post by Laurasaur
Look at the corse specification online, and a revision guide, and make some flash cards. Memorise the facts and rules, then put them into practice with a past paper.

Thankyou! X
Try youtube for revision videos - one possibility is - https://www.youtube.com/user/ChrisThorntonUK/playlists. This is aimed at AQA foundation level mainly, but there are others for different exam boards/levels.
Reply 12
Original post by 2childmum
Try youtube for revision videos - one possibility is - https://www.youtube.com/user/ChrisThorntonUK/playlists. This is aimed at AQA foundation level mainly, but there are others for different exam boards/levels.

Thankyou! X

Quick Reply

Latest