Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What do I do watch

Announcements

Im 21 woman im a relationship with another woman we will have been together a year in may. When we first got together i knew she wasnt conventionally good looking but we got on very well and i found her attractive and like people always say looks shouldnt matter. But the more time goes on i find myself getting less and less attracted to her, i avoid sex and intimate moments and i think she has noticed, shes very clingy and cuddly which i dont like on a good day anyway and makes it very obvious that she feels im 'out of her leauge'. We get on so well though and understand each other and she treats my daughter very well. I know im being really superfical and i hate it. I really dont want to hurt her because she doesnt deserve it but can i make it work anymore?

ReputationRep:
    Physical attraction is important in a relationship. Cant you just be good friends?

(Original post by Thomb)
    Physical attraction is important in a relationship. Cant you just be good friends?
    We are long distance and i dint think she would want to know me if i broke up with her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    We are long distance and i dint think she would want to know me if i broke up with her
    Ah that's quite sad really.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Unless you find a way to become physically attracted to her once more, I quite honestly think the best thing to do would break up with her in a very gentle way.

ReputationRep:
    If she really does love you she should be able to understand what you're feeling and accept it. she might not want to see you again but life is a process of losing friends and making new ones. There's absolutely no point in being stuck in a relationship you're not happy with and not being attracted to her is in no way your fault.

ReputationRep:
    Of course looks should matter lol from what you've described there's no physical attraction on your part. If you find yourself avoiding being intimate with her, you may aswell be friends. Its not the end of the world at the end of the day. Can you imagine spending another 40+ years waking up to someone you're not attracted to? I cannot.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 29, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.