Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    I know I can do a PHD right after a Meng in the Uk, but can I do the same in the US?

    If I do a Meng from a top school e.g ICL, will I be able to get into a top US school for a PHD? Will I be at a disadvantage for not having done a MSc? Would it be better to do the Meng here and then PHD there or just do a Beng and then go there for a Msc and PHD?
    • TSR Support Team

    TSR Support Team
    Yes you can. No, you won't be at a disadvantage by not having a MSc, most PhD students in America won't have a masters either - they do them as part of their doctorate. Do the MEng.

    Go for an MEng now and don't worry about the PhD until nearer the time. Why do you want to do a PhD specifically in the US?
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.