Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

Coming from my final year of a Psychology undergrad degree and applying to do the GDL at Exeter with ULaw, but struggling with writing my personal statement. I think the main difficulty is with my lack of law-related work experience. Has anyone had any experience of writing a GDL personal statement and if so what kind of structure did you use? Did you have any law-related experience when you applied? I have excellent written communication skills, e.g through essays and arguments for viewpoints in a report, and I'm a student representative so I'm used to arguing on behalf of the students in my faculty on a regular basis. I think I just need a valid way of wording it.

Many thanks for any suggestions.

ReputationRep:
    It's not something you need to put a lot of thought into. Write something generic, they will offer you the place whatever.

ReputationRep:
    It's true. It can be very basic

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Your structure should be along the lines of:

Hello
    I got a degree.
    I got money.
    Give me place please?

That should be sufficient.
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    They are private institutions that want your money.

I wrote my PS over a bottle of wine, I'm sure it slurred off towards the end. Still got a place.

As an experiment. Start the first few lines with the usual. Then write a story about a duck that went on an adventure to ASDA to buy some yoghurt. See if you still get in.

I'd bet your tuition fees you'd still get a place.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.