Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone,

Coming from my final year of a Psychology undergrad degree and applying to do the GDL at Exeter with ULaw, but struggling with writing my personal statement. I think the main difficulty is with my lack of law-related work experience. Has anyone had any experience of writing a GDL personal statement and if so what kind of structure did you use? Did you have any law-related experience when you applied? I have excellent written communication skills, e.g through essays and arguments for viewpoints in a report, and I'm a student representative so I'm used to arguing on behalf of the students in my faculty on a regular basis. I think I just need a valid way of wording it.

Many thanks for any suggestions.

ReputationRep:
    It's not something you need to put a lot of thought into. Write something generic, they will offer you the place whatever.

ReputationRep:
    It's true. It can be very basic

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Your structure should be along the lines of:

Hello
    I got a degree.
    I got money.
    Give me place please?

That should be sufficient.
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    They are private institutions that want your money.

I wrote my PS over a bottle of wine, I'm sure it slurred off towards the end. Still got a place.

As an experiment. Start the first few lines with the usual. Then write a story about a duck that went on an adventure to ASDA to buy some yoghurt. See if you still get in.

I'd bet your tuition fees you'd still get a place.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.