Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi! so I used to be really into ice skating as a kid, but quit as you do.
    Now I'm craving a new hobby and miss skating the most out of all my "childhood endevours" (ice-skating, climbing, karate, etc.) so was looking into starting lessons again as an adult.

I live Sheffield and have found the local centre provides 6-week block lessons for Adult Beginners on a Monday evening. But all of my friends have no interest in skating, or find the lessons to be too expensive, so I'd have to go on my own.

I'm a bit of a paranoid person so have now gone off on a tangent that it's something I'd need a friend for?

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    No way, go for it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wisegreenlocket)
    Hi! so I used to be really into ice skating as a kid, but quit as you do.
    Now I'm craving a new hobby and miss skating the most out of all my "childhood endevours" (ice-skating, climbing, karate, etc.) so was looking into starting lessons again as an adult.

I live Sheffield and have found the local centre provides 6-week block lessons for Adult Beginners on a Monday evening. But all of my friends have no interest in skating, or find the lessons to be too expensive, so I'd have to go on my own.

I'm a bit of a paranoid person so have now gone off on a tangent that it's something I'd need a friend for?
    it's not necessary to have friends for these kinds of things but it's nice too.....
    paranoid? what about? needing a friend? but who needs friends when you're enjoying yourself?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.