Turn on thread page Beta

Her vanity is ruining own friendship watch

One of my close female friends keeps moaning that men don't take her seriously. She posts images all over social media showing off her body sexually mainly bringing attention to her breasts. I've told her people will view based what you put out, if that's all they see then of course men will only see her as pear of breasts.

I don't even understand why she does it just take a normal photo of yourself if you have but she never does. She focuses way too much trying to get followers she doesn't know, it's just so very vain and its unbearable.

It is very ruining our friendship in a way. I just like going out having a laugh, I don't care about getting every girls attention but she purposely try get men to look at her because she dresses quite revealing then moans when they do. She just thinks she intitled to everything and in love with herself to much that I can't have a proper conversation anymore because it's always about how she looks.

I knew her for along time, she never use to be like this. It's just so boring and cringy to be around. I keep telling her but she sees as a insult when I'm just trying to give her constructive criticism.

What can I do? How do I stop her being so attention seeking and vain all the time?

ReputationRep:
    This is probably quite deep-seated. I doubt it is a problem you (personally) can sort out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    One of my close female friends keeps moaning that men don't take her seriously. She posts images all over social media showing off her body sexually mainly bringing attention to her breasts. I've told her people will view based what you put out, if that's all they see then of course men will only see her as pear of breasts.

I don't even understand why she does it just take a normal photo of yourself if you have but she never does. She focuses way too much trying to get followers she doesn't know, it's just so very vain and its unbearable.

It is very ruining our friendship in a way. I just like going out having a laugh, I don't care about getting every girls attention but she purposely try get men to look at her because she dresses quite revealing then moans when they do. She just thinks she intitled to everything and in love with herself to much that I can't have a proper conversation anymore because it's always about how she looks.

I knew her for along time, she never use to be like this. It's just so boring and cringy to be around. I keep telling her but she sees as a insult when I'm just trying to give her constructive criticism.

What can I do? How do I stop her being so attention seeking and vain all the time?
    sounds interesting
    we call these hypocrites

ReputationRep:
    classic attention seeker

fishes for compliments
    claims to be used by people who compliment her
    takes it out on her friends

I call them parasites

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2016
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.