Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Thought I'd start a new thread for ODP that are starting in 2016 at Bucks.

Very excited.

XX

ReputationRep:
    Hello,
    Just accepted my unconditional for ODP in Sept 16! Very excited also! Also have you received anything from the uni yet?
    Still deciding whether to commute or live there!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Robyn,

I haven't got anything yet. I've decided I'd rather be closer to the hospital/trust and commute to the uni. When we do night shift it would make sense not to travel long distances. Whilst the uni training will most likely during the day.

I hope that helps.

Terez

ReputationRep:
    Hey Terez,

Yeah I've decided to do that aswell! Can't wait to start 😁

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobynJamalaldini)
    Hello,
    Just accepted my unconditional for ODP in Sept 16! Very excited also! Also have you received anything from the uni yet?
    Still deciding whether to commute or live there!
    I recieved mine too, I cann't wait

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to do the odp course starting September but I live quite far away, i got a interview on the 16th may, bucks is the only place giving me a chance at this at moment, any advice ?

ReputationRep:
    Well done starting this thread Tezoob!
    I've accepted my unconditional place at Bucks Uni starting in Sept '16.
    Really looking forward to it, and meeting all the others.

(Original post by Tezoob)
    Hi,

Thought I'd start a new thread for ODP that are starting in 2016 at Bucks.

Very excited.

XX

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when we get anything from the uni about placement hospitals? And an exact start date?

ReputationRep:
    I think it says on the website, and the placements too I found them last week so nervous interview Monday coming !

Sam

ReputationRep:
    Found it - Buckinghamshire hospital
    Milton Keynes hospital
    Frimley hospital
    Oxford hospital and Royal Berkshire hospital I can't see a specific date of when starting though

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, I have an unconditional for Bucks 😊 I've not heard a thing (apart from UCAS offer!) I'm guessing that's because they wait for August exam results but I'd love some more info now just to get things organised! Did you all apply for your bursary funding etc yet? Looking forward to meeting everyone.

ReputationRep:
    Hi Weenaqotw,

I received a pack this week to fill in a few forms (DBS, Occupational Health Questionnaire, Student ID, Clinical placement preference) and to come in on the 10th August to hand in the original proofs for the DBS.

Does anyone know when the start dates are??

ReputationRep:
    Hi Weenaqotw,

I received a pack this week to fill in a few forms (DBS, Occupational Health Questionnaire, Student ID, Clinical placement preference) and to come in on the 10th August to hand in the original proofs for the DBS.

Does anyone know when the start dates are??
    Hey,
    I received a joining pack too. I've got 8th August for pre-induction I think.
    Start date is 12th September! ☺️

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weenaqotw)
    Hey,
    I received a joining pack too. I've got 8th August for pre-induction I think.
    Start date is 12th September! ☺️
    Im slightly confused. Im on the uni website and have got the calendar and it says the 26th September.

Heres a link. I might be wrong.

http://bucks.ac.uk/about_us/how_we_a...ance/Calendar/

ReputationRep:
    Im slightly confused. Im on the uni website and have got the calendar and it says the 26th September.

Heres a link. I might be wrong.

http://bucks.ac.uk/about_us/how_we_a...ance/Calendar/
    Hi,

12th was the date on the joining letter for registration. Could be freshers/ welcome week (I work at a uni and their freshers week lasts a fortnight!) with formal lectures beginning a couple Of weeks later, however the letter also says that clinical practice will begin on week five of the course (10th October) which ties in timewise.

Hope that helps
    W

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

12th was the date on the joining letter for registration. Could be freshers/ welcome week (I work at a uni and their freshers week lasts a fortnight!) with formal lectures beginning a couple Of weeks later, however the letter also says that clinical practice will begin on week five of the course (10th October) which ties in timewise.

Hope that helps
    W
    Thank you. I doubt I'll be out partying as Im a mummy of two kids. To old for the party life. xx

ReputationRep:
    Thank you. I doubt I'll be out partying as Im a mummy of two kids. To old for the party life. xx
    I have kids too!

ReputationRep:
    I have kids too!
    So yeah, no partying!! Haha

ReputationRep:
    So yeah, no partying!! Haha
    Hi Weenaqotw,

Where are you at? What placement are you choosing for your first and second choice?

x

ReputationRep:
    Hi Y'all

I have a conditional offer and have accepted bucks as my first choice. I got my pack and it said pre induction. 8th Aug with start date 12th sept. Placement 10th October.
    I have chosen Hetherwood hops for 1st choice and Wrexham park 2nd choice.
    However got a letter today saying that classes will be solely be held at high Wycombe cumpus as opposed to Uxbridge and high Wycombe

Me too can't wait to start and hope will get the grades to meet my offer 😁😁😁

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.