Student in halls, Buckinghamshire New University
Buckinghamshire New University
High Wycombe

ODP Bucks 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by sichibubu
Hi Y'all

I have a conditional offer and have accepted bucks as my first choice. I got my pack and it said pre induction. 8th Aug with start date 12th sept. Placement 10th October.
I have chosen Hetherwood hops for 1st choice and Wrexham park 2nd choice.
However got a letter today saying that classes will be solely be held at high Wycombe cumpus as opposed to Uxbridge and high Wycombe

Me too can't wait to start and hope will get the grades to meet my offer 😁😁😁

Hi Sichibubu,

I might be wrong but isn't Leatherwood and Wexham park under one Trust??? I have put them as my first choice as I live in West London and they are my closest placement options.
Student in halls, Buckinghamshire New University
Buckinghamshire New University
High Wycombe
Hey

Yes they are under the same trust. Heatherwood is is Berkshire - next to ascot race horse and Wrexham is in Slough. Heatherwood is a smaller hospital. No A&E as opposed to Wrexham park
Reply 22
Hi Y'all

I have a conditional offer and have accepted bucks as my first choice. I got my pack and it said pre induction. 8th Aug with start date 12th sept. Placement 10th October.
I have chosen Hetherwood hops for 1st choice and Wrexham park 2nd choice.
However got a letter today saying that classes will be solely be held at high Wycombe cumpus as opposed to Uxbridge and high Wycombe

Me too can't wait to start and hope will get the grades to meet my offer 😁😁😁

I might be a little confused but you have said (Above) that you have chosen then as option 1 and 2. As they are the same trust would it not jut be option 1???
Hey
Yes it would. Am hoping I would be able to alternate between the 2 hospitals even though they are in the same trust. Probably didn't make it clear.
The second trust option is Royal Berkshire
Hope it makes sense. Anyway will see how it goes really
Reply 24
Hey
Yes it would. Am hoping I would be able to alternate between the 2 hospitals even though they are in the same trust. Probably didn't make it clear.
The second trust option is Royal Berkshire
Hope it makes sense. Anyway will see how it goes really

That does make sense. With regards to alternating that is whats going to happen as they need us to be in different parts of ODP. So we will be between the too. Looking forwarding to meeting you when we start.
Reply 25
Hi fellow new trainees!
I'm getting really excited now we've had some info sent to us. I've also been told 8th Aug for an induction day, with 12th Sept being the start date. I think you need to ignore any dates on the uni website as it's a fulltime vocational course and holiday dates will be different to other uni courses.

I'm a mum of 3 so also no freshers partying :-( . Having said that, on 12th Sept I'm travelling straight in from Edinburgh that morning as Ive got a girl's weekend away planned, so may be a bit jaded!

Looking forward to meeting you all x
Reply 26
Hi PippyK,

Welcome to the group. Im excited too. Im just going to follow the dates they are giving me. Im not going to over think about it. Just enjoy the time I have with my kids before September.
Original post by Tezoob
Hi Weenaqotw,

Where are you at? What placement are you choosing for your first and second choice?

x

I'm in Surrey, I've put Frimley as first choice too, I hope I get it as Slough and Ascot aren't too far from me.
Reply 28
I live in Milton Keynes so putting that as first choice. Anyone else in my direction?
Reply 29
Original post by Weenaqotw
I'm in Surrey, I've put Frimley as first choice too, I hope I get it as Slough and Ascot aren't too far from me.

Good Luck I hope you get Frimley. Im hoping to get Slough and Ascot as they are closer to me as I'm best in Hillingdon.
Reply 30
Original post by PippyK
I live in Milton Keynes so putting that as first choice. Anyone else in my direction?

Hi PippyK,

Milton Keynes is my last choice as its over an hours drive from me. I hope you get your first choice. xx
Reply 31
Original post by Tezoob
Hi PippyK,

Milton Keynes is my last choice as its over an hours drive from me. I hope you get your first choice. xx

Hi Tezoob,
I'm hoping I get it too as all others are over an hour and got to consider fuel and parking costs. Some great hospitals to choose from though :-)
Reply 32
Original post by PippyK
Hi Tezoob,
I'm hoping I get it too as all others are over an hour and got to consider fuel and parking costs. Some great hospitals to choose from though :-)

PippyK,

We get reinbursed with travel expenses. Not sure how that works tho!!!
Original post by Tezoob
Good Luck I hope you get Frimley. Im hoping to get Slough and Ascot as they are closer to me as I'm best in Hillingdon.

I'm guessing your second choice is high Wycombe then? Did you get the letter about the classes all moving to high Wycombe? I haven't even visited the main campus, I'll have to have a good scout around at the pre induction!
Reply 34
I'm guessing your second choice is high Wycombe then? Did you get the letter about the classes all moving to high Wycombe? I haven't even visited the main campus, I'll have to have a good scout around at the pre induction!

Yes I've put Stoke/Wycombe as second choice.
I knew a while back that classes moving to H. Wycombe as I saw a student ODP at work ( I currently work in MK hospital) and she told me. Think its a bit late for the uni to be telling everyone as some may have already made accomodation plans based round Uxbridge. Doesn't make a huge difference to me as both just over an hour drive.

Like you, I'm interested to look around the Wycombe campus :-)
Reply 35

Yeah I know. Its really annoying as I haven't looked round the High Wycombe. Was thinking of doing the same as you and have a good look around on the 8th Aug. If you want to join me your more than welcome!!!
Reply 36
Original post by PippyK
Yes I've put Stoke/Wycombe as second choice.
I knew a while back that classes moving to H. Wycombe as I saw a student ODP at work ( I currently work in MK hospital) and she told me. Think its a bit late for the uni to be telling everyone as some may have already made accomodation plans based round Uxbridge. Doesn't make a huge difference to me as both just over an hour drive.

Like you, I'm interested to look around the Wycombe campus :-)

Hi Pippyk,

Im going to have a look round. You are more than welcome to join me if you don't want to go on your own. x
Reply 37
Original post by Tezoob
Hi Pippyk,

Im going to have a look round. You are more than welcome to join me if you don't want to go on your own. x

Sounds good, would be nice to meet up. Sorry I think I gatecrashed your comments - keep getting confused who's writing!
Do you fancy contacting on whatsapp or facebook as find that easier to use and less public if we're arranging to meet.
Reply 38
Original post by PippyK
Sounds good, would be nice to meet up. Sorry I think I gatecrashed your comments - keep getting confused who's writing!
Do you fancy contacting on whatsapp or facebook as find that easier to use and less public if we're arranging to meet.

Its ok PippyK, I have pmed you privately on this group to give you my details.

I have done the same for you too Weenaqotw.
hey. Im starting at bucks too in September. a little stressed though as we still haven't found out where our placements are and I need to look for accommodation :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending