Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I started dating this guy and I've known him for just over 3 months. He never lets me pay for anything whenever we have dinner despite me arguing alot about it. So recently I kept trying to insist that I should at least pay for my half but he wasn't letting me and he said something along the lines of: 'after you've left me, when you get married you can tell your husband that you had a really nice bf who used to pay for everything'. And another time he said I should be more forward and demanding with my next bf. What is all this supposed to mean?He's spent over £100 in gifts for me

He's muslim and hes gonna go to Hajj soon but your prayers dont get accepted there if you have a gf so he said we should temporarily break up just while hes there but then get back together after, but I misunderstood and thought he was breaking up forever. So I barely ate, didn't speak to him much and started texting. This angered him alot and he started saying things like: 'this is why all your exes were so paranoid with you that you were cheating, instead of talking to me your just texting and keep staring at your phone'. After this we cleared up the misunderstanding. Then later on in the day he got drunk and he said he wouldn't leave me because he has developed alot of feelings for me and kept apologising for making me feel like that.

He complains alot about how I don't ever call or text him first and even when he calls I don't pick up much and how I'm apparently conniving. He said it seems like I'm flirting with alot of other guys because it seems like I don't care about him.

Update: his other gf called me recently, she found my number on his phone and she was trying to ask me who I was. He called me later telling me she was crazy and asked me to cover for him and tell her we're just friends. She was screaming and crying saying she would 'smash the place up' and I heard him tell her to step back in the background. I was worried she'd hurt him so I covered for him. Then he called me and asked me for one more chance when I tried to break up with him and told me that he was only with her because she kept threatening to kill herself if he left and he felt bad for her because her mum passed away recently. He said he doesn't want to be with her. He's been with his gf for 4 years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammie123)
    Ok so I started dating this guy and I've known him for just over 3 months. He never lets me pay for anything whenever we have dinner despite me arguing alot about it. So recently I kept trying to insist that I should at least pay for my half but he wasn't letting me and he said something along the lines of: 'after you've left me, when you get married you can tell your husband that you had a really nice bf who used to pay for everything'. And another time he said I should be more forward and demanding with my next bf. What is all this supposed to mean?He's spent over £100 in gifts for me

He's muslim and hes gonna go to Hajj soon but your prayers dont get accepted there if you have a gf so he said we should temporarily break up just while hes there but then get back together after, but I misunderstood and thought he was breaking up. So I barely ate, didn't speak to him much and started texting. This angered him alot and he started saying things like: 'this is why all your exes were so paranoid with you that you were cheating, instead of talking to me your just texting and keep staring at your phone'. After this we cleared up the misunderstanding. Then later on in the day he got drunk and he said he wouldn't leave me because he has developed alot of feelings for me and kept apologising for making me feel like that.

He complains alot about how I don't ever call or text him first and even when he calls I don't pick up much and how I'm apparently conniving. He said it seems like I'm flirting with alot of other guys because it seems like I don't care about him.
    hmmmmmmmmmmmm not sure what to say.........

ReputationRep:
    lol at him trying to dupe Allah :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Lol at islam..... "temporarily break up with my gf while I'm on hajj so god will answer my prayers"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    I'd be a bit concerned, he sounds rather controlling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slutty Salafi)
    This made me lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nile.)
    Lol at islam..... "temporarily break up with my gf while I'm on hajj so god will answer my prayers"

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol yeah I know it's ridiculous but is anyone going to give any serious responses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    I'd be a bit concerned, he sounds rather controlling.
    Why is that

ReputationRep:
    Lol yeah I know it's ridiculous but is anyone going to give any serious responses
    It's not for me to be a your life coach and it does sound like he cares about you, but 3 months in and he's lashing out at you, breaks up with you for BS religious reasons and then gets drunk which is also Haram.

It's a complete ****ing mess.

ReputationRep:
    Allah is relieved that his posts are finally not being pre-moderated.
    • TSR Support Team

TSR Support Team
    Why is that
    The fact he keeps suggesting you are flirting with other guys.

ReputationRep:
    Does it seem like he's serious about me?

ReputationRep:
    Does it seem like he's serious about me?
    It sounds like he wants you and if you reach out to him he would be happy, but at the same time, given his pathetic and immature ways of dealing with things and how easily he suspects you, even if this situation is resolved (as it could very easily be) it won't change his personality and make him less of a manchild overall.

ReputationRep:
    Nah it's just bant

ReputationRep:
    tbh £100 in gifts is rather stingy...

ReputationRep:
    It sounds like he wants you and if you reach out to him he would be happy, but at the same time, given his pathetic and immature ways of dealing with things and how easily he suspects you, even if this situation is resolved (as it could very easily be) it won't change his personality and make him less of a manchild overall.
    Okay thank you for the advice, I'll take what you said into consideration. Everyone I've been with thought I was talking to other guys so maybe theres something I'm doing unintentionally to cause them to think like this? Maybe I need to change?

(Original post by Trapz99)
    Nah it's just bant
    lol what? What do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    Okay thank you for the advice, I'll take what you said into consideration. Everyone I've been with thought I was talking to other guys so maybe theres something I'm doing unintentionally to cause them to think like this? Maybe I need to change?

lol what? What do you mean?
    Bant is short for banter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trapz99)
    Bant is short for banter
    What was banter lol?

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, if you look good they might just be paranoid and I know you're Bengi so maybe what they saw as normal growing up with their parents isn't normal for modern secular life.

>'after you've left me, when you get married you can tell your husband that you had a really nice bf who used to pay for everything'.

Is incredibly insecure and if I'm honest, it's passive-aggression

ReputationRep:
    What was banter lol?
    Banter means a funny joke made at someone else's expense. It's all good bant really

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.