Living on a different campus to your course Watch

Fenicoteri
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
My course is in the City Centre but the accomodation is all booked out apart from The Maltings & Meridian Court which I'm not interested in.
I quite like the Clifton Campus's so I might book my accomodation for there

Is anyone else doing this? I really didn't want to but guess I might have to. Will just be really inconveniant
kathleeneliza
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Fenicoteri)
My course is in the City Centre but the accomodation is all booked out apart from The Maltings & Meridian Court which I'm not interested in.

Is anyone else doing this? I really didn't want to but guess I might have to. Will just be really inconveniant
I had the same problem, I wanted Byron or Gill street but when I went on to book yesterday they were all booked out. I looked at the Clifton Campus but its a 30 minute bus ride away. Instead ive gone with private accommodation in the city centre.. There is Victoria Halls or Goldsmith Court if youre interested.
Fenicoteri
Rep:
?
(Original post by kathleeneliza)
I had the same problem, I wanted Byron or Gill street but when I went on to book yesterday they were all booked out. I looked at the Clifton Campus but its a 30 minute bus ride away. Instead ive gone with private accommodation in the city centre.. There is Victoria Halls or Goldsmith Court if youre interested.
Yeah I've got a place at Goldsmith Court now, wbu?
kathleeneliza
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Same, booked and paid earlier. What number are you?
Fenicoteri
Rep:
?
(Original post by kathleeneliza)
Same, booked and paid earlier. What number are you?
You're studying Psychology right? So am i. Im in Flat 13 Room 4 you? Private message me your name and ill add you to the Goldsmith Court fb chat x
kathleeneliza
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Flat 46, and ive private messaged!
fassie27
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Same situation here mate. I did have the chance to get accommodation when the supply of rooms was scarce in the city campus. Stupid me forgot to get back to it. However, I have booked accommodation at Clifton Campus. I had a look at the transport links from Clifton to City and there is transport link by tram and bus.

Hopefully there isn't too much inconvenience. 😀
JVD
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I've spent time with some friends staying at the Maltings whilst studying in the city centre. I'd definitely recommend this over taking Clifton halls, as this was quite a drive when we went to see a friend on that side of the city. Much quicker to get the bus (free bus pass for commuting students) from the maltings to town than clifton to town, I believe.
MonsoonFlower
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

A few of my ex course mates did this so yes its still doable.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Nottingham Trent University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Nov '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 30 Nov '19
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 30 Jan '20

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (102)
24.34%
No (317)
75.66%

Watched Threads