Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My course is in the City Centre but the accomodation is all booked out apart from The Maltings & Meridian Court which I'm not interested in.
    I quite like the Clifton Campus's so I might book my accomodation for there

Is anyone else doing this? I really didn't want to but guess I might have to. Will just be really inconveniant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fenicoteri)
    My course is in the City Centre but the accomodation is all booked out apart from The Maltings & Meridian Court which I'm not interested in.

Is anyone else doing this? I really didn't want to but guess I might have to. Will just be really inconveniant
    I had the same problem, I wanted Byron or Gill street but when I went on to book yesterday they were all booked out. I looked at the Clifton Campus but its a 30 minute bus ride away. Instead ive gone with private accommodation in the city centre.. There is Victoria Halls or Goldsmith Court if youre interested.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kathleeneliza)
    I had the same problem, I wanted Byron or Gill street but when I went on to book yesterday they were all booked out. I looked at the Clifton Campus but its a 30 minute bus ride away. Instead ive gone with private accommodation in the city centre.. There is Victoria Halls or Goldsmith Court if youre interested.
    Yeah I've got a place at Goldsmith Court now, wbu?

ReputationRep:
    Same, booked and paid earlier. What number are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kathleeneliza)
    Same, booked and paid earlier. What number are you?
    You're studying Psychology right? So am i. Im in Flat 13 Room 4 you? Private message me your name and ill add you to the Goldsmith Court fb chat x

ReputationRep:
    Flat 46, and ive private messaged!

ReputationRep:

Same situation here mate. I did have the chance to get accommodation when the supply of rooms was scarce in the city campus. Stupid me forgot to get back to it. However, I have booked accommodation at Clifton Campus. I had a look at the transport links from Clifton to City and there is transport link by tram and bus.

Hopefully there isn't too much inconvenience. 😀
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    I've spent time with some friends staying at the Maltings whilst studying in the city centre. I'd definitely recommend this over taking Clifton halls, as this was quite a drive when we went to see a friend on that side of the city. Much quicker to get the bus (free bus pass for commuting students) from the maltings to town than clifton to town, I believe.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant

A few of my ex course mates did this so yes its still doable.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.