Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Views on Tall Girls? Can you relate? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soph_mcswiney)
    I can't but feel really insecure about my height, being 16 and 5'11/6 foot. I'm not a heavily built, but I just feel gigantic compared to other people my age. Can anyone relate and what are your views on tall girls? x
    The girl in my 6th form who's nearly unanimously agreed on as the fittest is 5'10 so that's something I suppose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexion)
    There's a 6'2" girl at my sixth form (that's my height), and that's tall. 5'11" is a good height :yep:
    :woo:6 FT 2!!??! What!!!??
    Spoiler:
    Show
    I'll just take my 5ft nothing self and go for the walk of shame........ :cry2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christ Redeems)
    i have no views on tall girls... because theyre too high up for me to see.

can i relate? no, because I'm not a tall girl.

do you wear heels? youre about the same height as ivanka trump.

No I never wear heals, I can't even walk in them ahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    i'm 5'8 and i envy shorter girls. I think being tall is overrated
    completely agree

ReputationRep:
    I'm only 5ft 7 so cant really relate!

But my best friend is 6ft, and whilst she used to hate it as she's got older she has learnt to embrace it. She used to always slouch which made her look worse and also timid, now she stands up straight and looks gorgeous! There is a reason models are tall - long legs look great! Plus, you can wear long dresses without needing to wear heels - envious! And reach the top shelves 😉

Ultimately there are pros and cons whatever height you are you just have to learn to embrace all the good things about your height and stop focusing on the negative

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'8 and I envy shorter girls. I think being tall is overrated

Seriously?

That height sounds perfect. All the benefits of being taller, but not so tall that people stare if you wear heels. You are also still shorter than plenty of men so it won't really affect dating etc.

You should be happy.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'11 and I feel great about it!!

Honestly embrace you're height, being tall makes me feel so confident🙆🏽 look at it as a good thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessicabeth)

Honestly embrace you're height, being tall makes me feel so confident🙆🏽 look at it as a good thing
    Hiya, could I ask how muchyou are in cm?
    Sorry for the weird question

ReputationRep:
    5'11/6 foot .. just feel gigantic compared to other people my age
    (Original post by jessicabeth)
    jessicabeth has the right attitude. All about carrying yourself well, feeling confident, and hanging out with/dating people of a similar height or taller. Incidentally, my longest relationship was with a girl the same height as me (6'0)

I'm 5'8 and I envy shorter girls. I think being tall is overrated
    5'6-5'10 is pretty much optimal so far as most males of average or above average height are concerned; you know you privileged girl :hand:

ReputationRep:
    I know a few guys who will only date tall girls, they exist, don't worry.

ReputationRep:
    it is what is inside you that matters.

ReputationRep:
    I so wish i was as tall as you. I am only 5 two. embrace your height x

I can't but feel really insecure about my height, being 16 and 5'11/6 foot. I'm not a heavily built, but I just feel gigantic compared to other people my age. Can anyone relate and what are your views on tall girls? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    it is what is inside you that matters.
    :sogood::teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    jessicabeth has the right attitude. All about carrying yourself well, feeling confident, and hanging out with/dating people of a similar height or taller. Incidentally, my longest relationship was with a girl the same height as me (6'0)

5'6-5'10 is pretty much optimal so far as most males of average or above average height are concerned; you know you privileged girl :hand:
    Most of the guys I know prefer petite girls,they're easier to pick up and throw about,petite girls look abit more feminine

ReputationRep:
    There are no tall girls, only short men.

ReputationRep:
    They tend to be flatter, but often buffer...

ReputationRep:
    Most of the guys I know prefer petite girls
    How many of these guys are: A) 6'0+? B) 25+? C) Alpha? D) You interested in?

they're easier to pick up and throw about
    True enough, but that's only one concern, and there are trade-offs like not having to crane neck to kiss and girls having longer legs :sexface:

petite girls look abit more feminine
    Often true, although that's more to do with the covariates: 'curviness' and 'posture', and if the pics you've shared are owt to go by methinks it's safe to say that you've managed to retain your feminine charms in this respect, in spite of your healthier than average stature :perv:

(Original post by Maker)
    There are no tall girls, only short men
    Ouch! :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'9/10 and wear heels that make me 6'1 everyday because I think the bigger the better.

ReputationRep:
    I have a love/hate relationship with my height.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    How many of these guys are: A) 6'0+? B) 25+? C) Alpha? D) You interested in?

True enough, but that's only one concern, and there are trade-offs like not having to crane neck to kiss and girls having longer legs :sexface:

Often true, although that's more to do with the covariates: 'curviness' and 'posture', and if the pics you've shared are owt to go by methinks it's safe to say that you've managed to retain your feminine charms in this respect, in spite of your healthier than average stature :perv:

Ouch! :laugh:
    Most of my male friends are 6'0 and above,but the ones I'm talking about in particular are at least 5'10 and 24+
    I'm interested in? I'm not interested in any of my male friends,worst way to ruin friendships

I thought that was sexy :laugh: I use my feet for walking,so having longer legs really serve no other purpose for me right now

Thank you :love:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 9, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.