Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christ Redeems)
    Why are you telling me this? Do I look like your diary? :erm:
    Are you mad, bro?

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing wrong with being tall. Any height is fine as long as you dress well for your body shape. If you look good, you look good. Why do women wear heels? They want to be taller. Be proud. Own it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessicabeth)
    I'm 5'11 and I feel great about it!!

Honestly embrace you're height, being tall makes me feel so confident🙆🏽 look at it as a good thing
    Thank you x

Embrace it ! I use to hate my height I use to slump and half bend down trying to be short. I really can't tell you how much I hated my height didn't help when boys use to call me a "giant" or one really nasty guy told me I looked like a man because of my height. Then when I hit 18 I started to embrace we all have things which might make us insecure. At the end of the day as blunt as it sounds you can't change your height so what's being insecure going to do ? No matter how much you obsess over your height your not going to shrink. Now I try and look at the good things don't get me wrong I don't feel attractive at all there are LOTS of things I hate about myself but equally I'm dam proud of my 38inch legs. im 5ft11 my boyfriend of 5 years is 5ft7 and do you know what I'm the happiest I've ever been I couldn't give a dam what anybody else thinks of my height. I don't get people who put others down embrace it there be loads of people jealous of your height.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m1m2)
    I am the same height as you, but 3 years older. I might as well tell you that you have got nothing to worry about. 16 year old me would never have believed me had I told her that she would come to love her height, but here we are
    Thank you xx

ReputationRep:
    I LOVE tall girls!! Especially when they squat a lot and have legs and thighs that can crush a melon with a gigantic booty to match! :drool: :drool::drool::drool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    So what they think/prefer is pretty irrelevant, agreed?

Thought what was?

Trust me, from a male perspective, it makes a difference

Afwan, habibti :kiss:
    To a certain degree,yes

Bending down to kiss smaller girls is considered sexy?

What difference?theyre just legs :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leavingthecity)
    I'm 5'9/10 and wear heels that make me 6'1 everyday because I think the bigger the better.

Oops.

I'm also 5'10.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stefano865)
    Oops.

I'm also 5'10.
    You're alright, I've probably shrunk with age haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soph_mcswiney)
    I can't but feel really insecure about my height, being 16 and 5'11/6 foot. I'm not a heavily built, but I just feel gigantic compared to other people my age. Can anyone relate and what are your views on tall girls? x
    I'm 19 and also 6ft tall so I can relate! It took me a long time to appreciate myself as a tall girl because I found it really hard to relate to other girls my age.
    I guess my advice would be to do things that make you feel good about yourself and make you feel happy to build up your confidence, and never ever let anyone tell you that you can't do something just because you're tall! You can do everything that all other girls can do- and that includes wearing heels if you want to!

If you ever need someone to talk to or any help just message me! I completely understand the insecurities you feel, just remember that you are awesome and don't let anyone tell you otherwise )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    Bending down to kiss smaller girls is considered sexy?
    Yes, it's also adorable for a girl to bury her head in your neck, but you wouldn't want her to be so much shorter that you had to crane your neck in order to kiss properly e.g. standing up

What difference? theyre just legs :dontknow:
    Just one of those things you can't fully explain. Either you get it, or you don't..

Spoiler:
    Show
    Pins + tush are potent in terms of male:female psychosexual provocation/arousal (the will to mount)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    Yes, it's also adorable for a girl to bury her head in your neck, but you wouldn't want her to be so much shorter that you had to crane your neck in order to kiss properly e.g. standing up

Just one of those things you can't fully explain. Either you get it, or you don't..
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Pins + tush are potent in terms of male:female psychosexual provocation/arousal (the will to mount)
    Long legs are nice, can't understand the above poster who speaks of legs that have done a ton of squats and could crush watermelons though....that's not attractive imo

ReputationRep:
    Long legs are nice, can't understand the above poster who speaks of legs that have done a ton of squats and could crush watermelons though....that's not attractive imo

Agree.

Yoga is best to get those long, lean, toned legs.

ReputationRep:
    You're alright, I've probably shrunk with age haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by queen-bee)
    I'm 5'8 and I envy shorter girls. I think being tall is overrated
    From a biological perspective that is, I think, probably true. From a biological perspective taller girls will be more resource hungry, so they will need more food to birth larger children.

The perfect combination may well be tall guy (e.g. Bashar Al-Assad) and a medium girl (e.g. Asma Al-Assad.)

So compared to that matchup, you are perhaps an inch too tall.

ReputationRep:
    Agree.

Yoga is best to get those long, lean, toned legs.

I do Pilates for this. Similar. I'll put myself through 40 mins of it tonight before bed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 41b)
    From a biological perspective that is, I think, probably true. From a biological perspective taller girls will be more resource hungry, so they will need more food to birth larger children.

The perfect combination may well be tall guy (e.g. Bashar Al-Assad) and a medium girl (e.g. Asma Al-Assad.)

The extra eating/resources you need/the tall girl needs whilst pregnant is the calorie equivalent to a pack of crisps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soph_mcswiney)
    Basketball? I don't play, but Netball I'm Goal Attack
    Do you hold the ball above your head just to tease the opposition players?

5'11" is tall enough that your insecurity is justified but it's not too tall that you shouldn't be able to find any men taller than you. At least you know any babies you have are going to be ubermensch. Make sure your posture is good not hunchy. Basically own it. Plus you will automatically dominate in groups of girls - if you have confidence - and compete with men in the corporate world etc. At the other end my gf is 5'0" and she is always yapping away trying desperately to be noticed in the group.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 41b)

They also tend to have a wider pelvis and give birth more easily.

Higher birth-weight babies too.

ReputationRep:
    They also tend to have a wider pelvis and give birth more easily.

Higher birth-weight babies too.

You're probably equating correlation to causation there. Taller girls will have been fed better which is correlated to higher socioeconomic status, better education etc (less likely to develop drug problems).

If you controlled for socioeconomic status and drugs, you would probably find that female height is somewhat negatively correlated with child weight past the first baby. I actually have access to that dataset. Maybe one day I'll try the regression.

The extra eating/resources you need/the tall girl needs whilst pregnant is the calorie equivalent to a pack of crisps.
    Calories are mostly irrelevant. It's stored micronutrients that are important. This is the biggest reason women should never drink. Alcohol is a strong diuretic that flushes your body of nutrients.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 8, 2016
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.