Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm hooked on this really old song.

I know it's rock but does anyone know if it's a certain type of rock?

ReputationRep:
    It's classed under wiki as Alternative Rock, but someone with more knowledge of genres will probably be able to help more
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Longshot700)
    xx
    Hiya OP! :wavey:

I've moved your thread to a more appropriate section in the hope you get some more answers :yep:

Cheers!
    Ethan

ReputationRep:
    This is Western infidel music. Fornication is wrong and they will be punished.

-Allah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iEthan)
    Hiya OP! :wavey:

I've moved your thread to a more appropriate section in the hope you get some more answers :yep:

Cheers!
    Ethan
    (Original post by Can'tBanAllah)
    This is Western infidel music. Fornication is wrong and they will be punished.

-Allah.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    It's classed under wiki as Alternative Rock, but someone with more knowledge of genres will probably be able to help more
    oh crap didn't see your answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    (Original post by Longshot700)
    oh crap didn't see your answer.

Alt Rock is a blanket genre. It's funk rock. If we're using Wikipedia as a source then it's easier just to search for the album, since it generally narrows the genres down. Although, the page for the song itself is only down as alt rock, which pretty much leads to a dead end, since alt rock isn't really it's own genre.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.