The Student Room Group

Donald Trump says UK and Europe are not safe places following Brussels attacks

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
America is not a safe place with idiots like Trump there
Original post by Legendary Quest
Right, because mass shootings don't kill anyone. Stop trying to be smart. You know he was making a comparison.

Don't be a mong then.

There is absolutely no explicitly made comparison, let alone a mention of the US.

You're straw manning him.
Original post by Frank Underwood
How would a gun save you from a suicide bomber? Lol

It won't. Sorry, I wasn't clear. I'm against guns. I was agreeing with you, not disagreeing. :laugh:
It won't. Sorry, I wasn't clear. I'm against guns. I was agreeing with you, not disagreeing. :laugh:

okay sorry
It's amusing that he thinks that the UK and Europe aren't safe when they have hundreds of mass shootings every year.

I'd chose to live here over the US any day.

This.

And what a surprise that he's inciting islamophobia again.

Get a new tactic mate. (Based on the assumption Trump is on TSR and reading this right now)
How would a gun save you from a suicide bomber? Lol

You claimed America is less save because of the mass shootings, I would rather die in a shoot-out where I had the opportunity to fight back than get shredded by a nail bomb
Original post by Gwilym101
This coming from the country that has a mass shooting every two months on average.

Why are you bringing up mass shootings when this is to do with terrorism??

Europe isn't safe from TERRORISM, that's Trumps point. Of course he knows mass shootings are a big issue in the US, but he's commenting on Europe.

**** me.
Original post by Dodgypirate
Don't be a mong then.

There is absolutely no explicitly made comparison, let alone a mention of the US.

You're straw manning him.

An American is commenting on the threat to lives in UK/Europe so we will, rightly, comment on the threat to lives in America.
Original post by Ethereal World
This.

And what a surprise that he's inciting islamophobia again.

Get a new tactic mate. (Based on the assumption Trump is on TSR and reading this right now)

So claiming Europe isn't safe is Islamophobic?!
Original post by Slutty Salafi
You claimed America is less save because of the mass shootings, I would rather die in a shoot-out where I had the opportunity to fight back than get shredded by a nail bomb

You can't fight back against suicide bombers, even if you manage to shoot them, they will detonate unless you get a clear headshot.

Also my point is that you can't bring your gun everywhere you go.
An American is commenting on the threat to lives in UK/Europe so we will, rightly, comment on the threat to lives in America.

I don't get the purpose of this knee jerk reaction to his statement. Europe is unsafe, he is right.
Original post by Dodgypirate
So claiming Europe isn't safe is Islamophobic?!

Trump has a big audience and instead of focusing on American domestic policy which is arguably the most important facet in any national election, he is drawing attention to atrocities committed by ISIS in order to gain political traction.

He's basically going - look over there and what is happening when they let 'them' in and when they don't come down hard on immigration. That could be reality here.... Unless you elect me and I will ban all Muslims and build a wall between America and Mexico so we can all get obese and selfish and forget about the rest of the world except when we are dropping bombs on them.

It's irresponsible given that division within our societies is both what ISIS wants and the biggest threat to western civilisation in the long term.
(edited 8 years ago)
I would be much happier living somewhere wear I could sign up at my local shooting range, get my carry-permit and fight back if it came down to it, as opposed to living in Europe where you have to be a sitting duck.

And all that would accomplish is your death and the deaths of more innocent people.

Real life is not a James Bond film. You are not good with a weapon just because you're allowed to buy one.
I would be much happier living somewhere wear I could sign up at my local shooting range, get my carry-permit and fight back if it came down to it, as opposed to living in Europe where you have to be a sitting duck.

Go over to America then.
You can't fight back against suicide bombers, even if you manage to shoot them, they will detonate unless you get a clear headshot.

Also my point is that you can't bring your gun everywhere you go.

The argument was the Europe's main problem is suicide bombers, while America's is mass shooters.

In all honesty, I am aware that Europe is statistically more safe, but I hate the idea of not fighting back and dying like a cowardly pig more than the idea of dying itself. America's culture of fighting back, the Alamo, castle doctrine is better than calling the police or your shitty NHS ambulance as you breath in the stench of rotting flesh or turn on the TV and hear some political bleating on about keeping calm and carrying on.
Original post by YERE
Says who?

You?

Some retarded internet troll?

Yeah I bet that carries some weight doesn't it?

ISIS attacked the Bataclan, do you honestly think that you can take a loaded gun into a rock concert environment, with massive crowds, people jumping around and stuff.

They also attacked Brussels airport. Not sure what country you live in but over here you'll get arrested for walking into an airport with a gun.

Furthermore a small handgun for self defence is probably useless against trained militants with automatic rifles, and especially useless against suicide bombers.

but the attacks in america are not usually by suicide bombers, but by deranged shooters

so your point is moot.
Original post by Drewski
And all that would accomplish is your death and the deaths of more innocent people.

Real life is not a James Bond film. You are not good with a weapon just because you're allowed to buy one.

I would sign up to a shooting range, America's shooters are generally not trained ex-forces guys.
Original post by Mactotaur
Go over to America then.

I don't particularly wish to live in Western Europe for most of my adult life for many years have planned on leaving, I will go, if not to America, somewhere else.
The argument was the Europe's main problem is suicide bombers, while America's is mass shooters.

In all honesty, I am aware that Europe is statistically more safe, but I hate the idea of not fighting back and dying like a cowardly pig more than the idea of dying itself. America's culture of fighting back, the Alamo, castle doctrine is better than calling the police or your shitty NHS ambulance as you breath in the stench of rotting flesh or turn on the TV and hear some political bleating on about keeping calm and carrying on.

You say that like England doesn't have self defence laws. It does. You can shoot someone dead completely legally if it comes to it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending