Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Donald Trump says UK and Europe are not safe places following Brussels attacks Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Highly relevant. You can't pick and choose the argument to suit your narrow agenda.

There's also the fact that law enforcement utterly despise the idea of civilians being armed - chances are when they react to a situation they end up shooting the 'good guy' by mistake because they're indistinguishable from the bad ones and don't know what they're doing.
    Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't change British laws on guns, this country is too small and crowded, but in America where you can go hunting, gun-ownership is a legitimate hobby.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Slutty Salafi)
    Stuff like is becoming quite old and overused, ''right-wingers are stupid useful idiots who are controlled by demagogues who can't think for themselves'', nobody believes it anymore.
    two types of right wingers:

1. 'Stupid useful idiots controlled by.....'

2. Intelligent but extremely selfish people who perhaps can't see past the short term benefits or that actions have consequences.

ReputationRep:
    Too many wall sympathisers in here. I'm off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ethereal World)
    two types of right wingers:

1. 'Stupid useful idiots controlled by.....'

2. Intelligent but extremely selfish people who perhaps can't see past the short term benefits or that actions have consequences.
    You make me want a flat tax rate, just for shits and giggles

20% on all earnings

cut so hard Thatcher wanna fine me

ReputationRep:
    He is right to an extent. God knows how many home grown jihadis you have in Europe nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    You make me want a flat tax rate, just for shits and giggles

20% on all earnings

cut so hard Thatcher wanna fine me
    :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    Please keep it on the subject of the thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    He is right to an extent. God knows how many home grown jihadis you have in Europe nowadays.
    Sort of contradicted yourself there though? If they're home grown why does immigration matter ?

Guarantee the two types of immigrants into Europe have predominantly been genuine refugees or hard working migrants.

the root causes of Isis need to be sorted and dropping bombs and closing borders is not gonna achieve that... Infact it will make the situation a whole lot worse.

ReputationRep:
    Sort of contradicted yourself there though? If they're home grown why does immigration matter ?

Guarantee the two types of immigrants into Europe have predominantly been genuine refugees or hard working migrants.

the root causes of Isis need to be sorted and dropping bombs and closing borders is not gonna achieve that... Infact it will make the situation a whole lot worse.
    Anti-theist indoctrination, excellent idea :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    Anti-theist indoctrination, excellent idea :teehee:
    Ngl the combo of the sass of your comment and that :teehee: face had me lolling hard. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Trump doesn't want home grown terrorists facing unfair competition from foreign terrorists.

ReputationRep:

Who on Earth has claimed they want CLOSE borders?! I think you mean CONTROL.

"Guarantee the two types of immigrants into Europe have predominantly been genuine refugees or hard working migrants." Wrong.

There are 3: the two you've mentioned and ECONOMIC asylum seekers.

ReputationRep:

Immigration and borders matter in a way because many Belgian jihadis have come back to Belgium/Europe without anyone batting an eyelid.

I never mentioned immigration in my last post. I agree with Trump when he says Europe isn't safe because of all these terror attacks.

And these refugees you mention? Are you talking about the traumatised ones that assaulted women and have made city centres a no go area? You're defo wrong when you say there are two types of migrants Em.

ReputationRep:
    Too many wall sympathisers in here. I'm off.

Someone's triggered.

Donald trump lives in the USA. While he continues to do so, the U.K. is the safer country.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    Who on Earth has claimed they want CLOSE borders?! I think you mean CONTROL.

"Guarantee the two types of immigrants into Europe have predominantly been genuine refugees or hard working migrants." Wrong.

There are 3: the two you've mentioned and ECONOMIC asylum seekers.
    I mean close in a sort of tongue of cheek way. I know it's just extreme control obvs. :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    It is fact that we suffer far more from terrorism than the US.
    One could argue that Americans suffer more from terrorism than people in the EU due to the fact that more of them have died from terrorism this century.

(and no, I'm not counting all the mass-shooting nut jobs as terrorists)

ReputationRep:

Someone's triggered.
    Kinda looks like me rn ngl.

ReputationRep:
    I mean close in a sort of tongue of cheek way. I know it's just control obvs. :teehee:
    Fixed.

You should be encouraging border control.

ReputationRep:
    Literally read thread title as

"Donald Trump says UK and Europe are not safe spaces following Brussels attacks"

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.