Turn on thread page Beta

Help watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So im gonna lay it down for you

Im 16 and I play hockey outside of school and theres this girl who i play with. For a few years now theres been a couple of rumors going around the team suggusting she likes me but im not sure cause even though the source is consistant im not sure wether to beleive it or not. Even though she did react to it im not sure wether it was out of awkwardness or embarrassment from the rumors. We dont talk much especially now because she trains seperatly to me but when we do its normally me saying good game tonight and she'll say you to after games and when we do get decent conversation its generally short and not about much. I have some feelings for her but im not sure about them. Only one of my mates knows about the full situation and says that should try an get in with her and stuff but im still not sure.
    Another thing is that her dad was my mentor in my early playing days and that relationship has carried through which i guess is a good thing
    Part of me does feel like asking her but im so unsure about things that i dont wanna throw myself under the bus
    So i want some people to give me their take on this to help me come to a decision
    Ive never been good with girls anyway so any help would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrisamondo)
    So im gonna lay it down for you

Im 16 and I play hockey outside of school and theres this girl who i play with. For a few years now theres been a couple of rumors going around the team suggusting she likes me but im not sure cause even though the source is consistant im not sure wether to beleive it or not. Even though she did react to it im not sure wether it was out of awkwardness or embarrassment from the rumors. We dont talk much especially now because she trains seperatly to me but when we do its normally me saying good game tonight and she'll say you to after games and when we do get decent conversation its generally short and not about much. I have some feelings for her but im not sure about them. Only one of my mates knows about the full situation and says that should try an get in with her and stuff but im still not sure.
    Another thing is that her dad was my mentor in my early playing days and that relationship has carried through which i guess is a good thing
    Part of me does feel like asking her but im so unsure about things that i dont wanna throw myself under the bus
    So i want some people to give me their take on this to help me come to a decision
    Ive never been good with girls anyway so any help would be appreciated
    wat take that out of context and everything seems so wrong.

just build up the courage to ask her and tell her your feelings.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Why woould you be throwing yourself under a bus. Why not just chat normally or ask if shed like to go on a date? Part of dating is that soemtimes you get rejection, but if you never try then you never get dates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thefatone)
    wat take that out of context and everything seems so wrong.

just build up the courage to ask her and tell her your feelings.
    Whhat do you mean by out of context

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chrisamondo)
    Whhat do you mean by out of context
    take that phrase out of the paragraph and read it by itself

ReputationRep:
    Well the hardest thing about this is how am i supposed to tell her in the time that i normally get

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 28, 2016
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.