Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I currently have an offer from Warwick to start studying there next year, and I am currently debating whether to firm/insure/reject, however I have a few question relating to bringing my own car to the university.

I have heard that only a very small number of first year student bring their own car to the university in the first year, why is this?
    If I was bringing my own car how much would it cost to park my car at the university, would there only be certain areas available to park in, and are their any deals available to me to reduce the cost?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know any people in halls who brought their car to Warwick. There isn't much parking available on campus so I have no idea where you'd park it. Tesco is a short walk from campus and there are frequent buses to Coventry/the train station so there isn't really any need for a car.

ReputationRep:
    Simply put there is no need and you will just be throwing money down the drain

ReputationRep:
    What if I wanted to travel to/from places that are a long distance away from Warwick at weekends?

Surely my car would come into good use in these situations?

ReputationRep:
    OP there are LOADS of places to park on campus, but the problem is that there are still more people needing to park - not only students living off-campus in Leamington/Coventry/Kenilworth etc, but staff and people visiting the Arts Centre etc.

If you are living on campus there is really zero need for a car. There are regular buses to both Leamington and Coventry and a seemingly endless supply of taxis on Health Centre Road (central campus). Canley train station is also only a short walk away (although Coventry train station is also only 5 minutes on the bus/in a taxi). Direct trains to all places (an hour to London on the fast train). There's Leamington station, too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Connorbwfc)
    What if I wanted to travel to/from places that are a long distance away from Warwick at weekends?

Surely my car would come into good use in these situations?
    Get a train / bus / travel with someone else. It's vastly cheaper and far more convenient than finding somewhere to park your car and having to go to wherever it is whenever you need to go anywhere.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.