Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faisalshamallakh)
    I didn't do BY4, I did HB4 and the paper was actually very standard. It was definitely one of the nicer papers!
    Are the grade boundries for HB4 and BY4 the same?

ReputationRep:
    What did everyone write about for the question asking to explain the difference in the traces for the action potential?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raaaas)
    Are the grade boundries for HB4 and BY4 the same?
    Yeah they are

ReputationRep:
    safe to say by4 wasnt a standard paper, pretty unfair that By4 and Hb4 have the same GB

ReputationRep:
    That nitrogen cycle 10 marker was wonderful, so lucky that I didn't have to write about the light-dependent reactions. That would've been stressful! There was so many application questions though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hb4 and By4 do not have the same boundaries, on the UMS website there's option 1 for By4 and option 2 for Hb4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mango88)
    What did everyone write about for the question asking to explain the difference in the traces for the action potential?
    the 3 marker or the one that talks about pottasium?

ReputationRep:
    Thought it was pretty difficult (bar the essays) - lots and lots of application and the mark schemes are always so precise on what they want ://

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iamjos)
    Yeah that one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mango88)
    Yeah that one
    I think I put a high temp will change shape of Potassium pump which prevent K+ from moving out. Then theres in influx of K+ ion in the axon. therefore making the action potential more negative since K+ ions make the mV more negative. idek :/

ReputationRep:
    I thought that this year's paper was quite nice. Now I'm scared D:

ReputationRep:
    Did everyone put biological control for that Bt question?? I think I've done pretty well but I absolutely messed up the temperature change thing 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by keres)
    Thought it was pretty difficult (bar the essays) - lots and lots of application and the mark schemes are always so precise on what they want ://
    agreed, crucial points in the marking schemes change every year and so hard to get full marks in the some of the application 3/4 markers. it comes then to writing everything you know on it down to try and secure all the marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sumeyyatontus)
    Did everyone put biological control for that Bt question?? I think I've done pretty well but I absolutely messed up the temperature change thing 😂
    I put biological control and I'm in the same boat as you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iamjos)
    I think I just put higher temp makes the k+ channels open faster so the influx is faster but I can't even remember

ReputationRep:
    What did people get for the 3 mark on the effect of temperature change of the action potential?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sumeyyatontus)
    Yeah i put biological control

ReputationRep:
    For the temperature i put something to do with kinetic energy and so ion channels open and close quicker so a lower action potential

ReputationRep:
    i thought it just increased diffusion rate out of K+ out of acson? ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mattyk5)
    Yeah i put biological control
    It was chemical because you were applying the Bt to the leaf, rather than using a predator which is biological. Only 1 mark though

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.