Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squashy_josh)
    what did people put for the amino acid and purines and pyrimidine question?

i said amino acids for protein synthesis and purines ect for dna synthesis. anyone else?
    yes, i put amino acids to manufacture proteins and then the bases for dna synthesis

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raaaas)
    Are the grade boundries for HB4 and BY4 the same?
    No they are separate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squashy_josh)
    what did people put for the amino acid and purines and pyrimidine question?

i said amino acids for protein synthesis and purines ect for dna synthesis. anyone else?
    I put those but i didn't write synthesis, do you think I've lost the marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BubbleLover98)
    yes, i put amino acids to manufacture proteins and then the bases for dna synthesis
    Yes! I also said about protein synthesis .. but for the other one . I said synthesis of nucleic acid ( said it in the book and spec #not sure)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Average.98)
    Yes! I also said about protein synthesis .. but for the other one . I said synthesis of nucleic acid ( said it in the book and spec #not sure)
    I hope they aren't going to be that specific for a 1 marker But knowing WJEC, they probably will

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SCIENCE :D)
    What are people saying for Grade boundaries? (BY4), Last year it was: A=56, B=51, C=47, D=43, E=39.
    Something similar I reckon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sumeyyatontus)
    Not saying I'm right but most people I know put biological because its a naturally occurring pathogen? Not an artifical chemical
    I thought this too but I stuck with chemical control because it was sprayed on and plus the description said it persists for a bit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mango88)
    Yeah i wrote something along those line! Yeah i agree, there were so many applied questions!! It's difficult to know how you did at this point though because you never know what's the exact answer to a question of that type and there were hardly any pure recall questions
    i know! even the first question struck me a bit, and everyone got out wondering what on earth just happened someone else told me that there was a paper like this a while back (june 2012 i think it was? I'm not sure) and the grade boundaries were quite low, 55 for A, so hopefully similar things for this year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Average.98)
    I put nucleic acids too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt1997x)
    It was chemical because you were applying the Bt to the leaf, rather than using a predator which is biological. Only 1 mark though
    I put biological because it wouldn't harm any other species but yh one mark oh well

ReputationRep:
    i put that it was biological as the BT was actually a parasite to the caterpillar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faisalshamallakh)
    i didn't do by4, i did hb4 and the paper was actually very standard. It was definitely one of the nicer papers!
    are u serious ?!!!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I think maybe something lower you know, I founf it harder than most past papers that I have done, maybe: A=53, B=50, C=46, D=42, E=37.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tamsyng)
    I put nucleic acids too!
    i put synthesis of DNA for the second one (purines and pyramidines)

ReputationRep:
    I thought the action potential affected by temperature was easy but questioned it after. I thought it was pretty obvious like longer or slower time of resting potential, higher mv of and shorter/faster hyperpolarisation/refractory-period and axon membrane depolarises less at lower mv?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chumpy97)
    are u serious ?!!!
    Yeah I thought it was pretty straight forward. Definitely a couple of questions that were made to be difficult, but much less than I was expecting.

Why how did you find it?

ReputationRep:
    in regards to the question about if it was chemical/biological control, our notes have the definition as biological control as:

the use of a predator, parasite or disease of a pest species to reduce the population of the pest below economic injury level

i did consider changing it to chemical a few times! it was definitely up there in terms of obscurity!

ReputationRep:
    But this was well harder than last years .. I reckon A will be 47-50 marks ... 49 I would say will be an A (average)

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure it was biological, just because you spray it that doesn't mean it's a chemical

ReputationRep:
    guys what did you say for the three marker on why there is a high volume of urine when glucose is in the blood and what was the answer for why virus cannot be grown on a sterile nutrient medium

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.