Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamesadams234)
    guys what did you say for the three marker on why there is a high volume of urine when glucose is in the blood and what was the answer for why virus cannot be grown on a sterile nutrient medium
    Think the answer for the virus is because a virus needs a host to survive, since it is sterile there aren't any bacteria present for the virus to take over its metabolism.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    http://www.todayshomeowner.com/using...n-your-garden/

i just googled it guys, it says ORGANIC control, i.e. biological control

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhyss01)
    What did everyone get for the alsport syndrome on the loss sensation part? And that plum fly question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    i said that myelin sheath would be damaged and myelinn would no longer insulate nerve impulses so wouldnt make it to the CNS also saltatory conduction might not take place as nodes of ranvier disrupted

for the fruit i wrote that the larvae eat the inside rather the outside so no bt is eaten

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhyss01)
    Think the answer for the virus is because a virus needs a host to survive, since it is sterile there aren't any bacteria present for the virus to take over its metabolism.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes, i mentioned about the host too

ReputationRep:
    I think I lost 20 marks, I hope it's enough for an A so then I can f*k up By5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michellebrooks)
    I thought it was to do with people with diabetes don't secrete ADH so the collecting duct remains impermeable and the water can't move out by osmosis so remains in the collecting duct.
    That's probably the right answer then, I put my answer because I thought I remembered the question saying something about why high blood glucose cause large volumes of urine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BubbleLover98)
    What did you guys put for what would happen to the RQ Value? I said it would be quite high as anaerobic respiration doesnt require oxygen and pyruvate is decarboxylated (produces co2) ?!!!
    Pyruvate is not decarboxylated - it is reduced into Lactate which is still 3 carbons. That is why in humans in Anaerobic respiration, the equation his always C6H12O6 --> 2C3H6O3.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BubbleLover98)
    Yes, I started thinking that the higher temp was the one that had the greater depolarisation! Had to check that three times and crossed a bit out and re-wrote and ugh yeah, it was a mess and didn't really make sense.
    Going out on a limb here but the question said ear cell nerves, so I thought that because it's an extremity it's cooler than body temp and is optimum at 23 degrees

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Timon512)
    Pyruvate is not decarboxylated - it is reduced into Lactate which is still 3 carbons. That is why in humans in Anaerobic respiration, the equation his always C6H12O6 --> 2C3H6O3.
    The question was regarding yeast so pyruvate is decarboxylated to ethanal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zwitterion1)
    That's probably the right answer then, I put my answer because I thought I remembered the question saying something about why high blood glucose cause large volumes of urine
    urmm.. guys, it was to do wiht the proximal convoluted tubule, nothing to do with ADH ....

I just googled it

https://courses.washington.edu/conj/...a/polyuria.htm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by four4)
    The question was regarding yeast so pyruvate is decarboxylated to ethanal
    Oh my bad then. I thought it said humans, but regardless, i just wrote no volume of Oxygen is taken in so RQ value increases to maximum.

ReputationRep:
    Anaerobic respiration of yeast produces ethanol and co2

ReputationRep:
    It said anaerobic respiration in yeast so yeah the pyruvate would be decarboxylated releasing more co2 raising the RQ value

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamesadams234)
    guys what did you say for the three marker on why there is a high volume of urine when glucose is in the blood and what was the answer for why virus cannot be grown on a sterile nutrient medium
    I put that the virus had to be grown in a host...and I hated that high volume question!!

ReputationRep:
    Damn i said it would be near the RQ of glucose because only glycolysis takes place in anaerobic conditions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Average.98)
    But this was well harder than last years .. I reckon A will be 47-50 marks ... 49 I would say will be an A (average)
    Really do you think they could go that low?? I hope so!

ReputationRep:
    Apparently it's because glucose remains so it lowers the water potential and therefore water moves by osmosis to fix the water potential and therefore there is a large volume of urine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dan_Lumber_)
    It said anaerobic respiration in yeast so yeah the pyruvate would be decarboxylated releasing more co2 raising the RQ value
    how many marks was that question? 1?

ReputationRep:
    I think the answer was that since glucose is not reabsorbed in proximal convoluted tubule, therefore the solute concentration is higher, which in turn lowers the water potential. As the water potential lowers, the concentration gradient between the tubule and outside is reduced, less water leaves the tubule by osmosis. So the volume of urine increased.

ReputationRep:
    Going out on a limb here but the question said ear cell nerves, so I thought that because it's an extremity it's cooler than body temp and is optimum at 23 degrees
    I thought exactly the same. For some reason I thought the channels may be denatured because they are proteins. Thus K+ channels are not efficient. I'm wrong though. Saying that K channels allowed more K+ to entire explains why action potential was not as great.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.